Son going to bring another vehicle home

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's alright. I just don't care for people operating on assumptions. In my line of work doing so tends to end badly for everyone.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
That GTI will probably be a car he will forever regret letting go...
Upped MK1 GTI for a 4x4 minivan? Depends if the van is an auto trans or not. I've never seen a manual one, all of the ones imported here through the BCs are slush boxes. Also, I've also never seen one as a LHD. Getting one of those weird Japanese vehicles as a LHD is pretty cool.

Certainly will attract fewer girls!

As I corrected myself earlier, it is right-hand drive. It also does have a rather rare 5-speed manual transmission. The daily driver that he has finally settled on getting when going off to uni this September will be more attractive to the girls.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Great that he was able to register it. Nice truck.

Thanks. It had been registered successfully by the previous owner. I myself have registered a few vehicles that can be difficult to register. I like that Delica. It's quirky looking from the front, which in my book beats looking bland. I do like the small exterior size, roomy interior, and that it's a real 4x4. And there's the low mileage. Not bad for $5k. It's going to be great for exploring the desert and for driving up into the Sierras, camping, hiking, fishing. One drawback is that it gets pretty horrible mileage but it does weigh almost 5,000 lbs.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
They import them to Canada from Japan on a regular basis. There's a few specialty importers on the west coast. Yep, right hand steering and all.

That seems right. The one I saw looked like a Japanese import. I thought it was right hand drive but I wasn't sure.

Apparently you can get some fairly exotic cars from Japan if you don't mind right hand drive. A used 911 would be nice!

These kind of decisions seem fun, great, and very cool by being unique and blazing one's own trail away from the mainstream automotive world with a rare and hard to find vehicle. Until something breaks. Then comes the down time while you wait on parts being located and shipped. No hate for the van, I think it's cool too. I just think such things can get unpractical fast.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
These kind of decisions seem fun, great, and very cool by being unique and blazing one's own trail away from the mainstream automotive world with a rare and hard to find vehicle. Until something breaks. Then comes the down time while you wait on parts being located and shipped. No hate for the van, I think it's cool too. I just think such things can get unpractical fast.
It will probably be easier to get parts for than a MK1.

This looks like a very useful and entertaining machine.
Kudos to your son for thinking outside the box.
Everyone has a ricer Civic or a stance Jetta.
Nobody else will have one of these things.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Does this model have the air intake down low on/under the front bumper or did it get changed on later models?

I didn't take a really good look under the hood but I think the intake snorkel may be located in the bumper grille behind the fog light. I think it will soon sport a raised intake snorkel.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
[/quote]It will probably be easier to get parts for than a MK1.

The Delica shares much of the drive train and engine with the Pajero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back