So basically MOS2 Liqui Moly done [censored] on the test

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment he got out the one-arm bandit and started testing the product at room temperature, I was done.

An hour may not be enough to activate that product at all.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
A lawn mower engine is a far cry from any kind of modern automotive engine.

All internal combustion engines are the same (inc rotary and diesel), even a reciprocating air compressor is close, they all depend on sealing a space to generate compression and all generate friction.
If something works or not in one it will also work or not in the other.
Sure the level of sophistication, cycle and valve configuration have many variants but the basic principal is all the same.

Originally Posted By: Trav
A lawn mower engine is a far cry from any kind of modern automotive engine.

All internal combustion engines are the same (inc rotary and diesel), even a reciprocating air compressor is close, they all depend on sealing a space to generate compression and all generate friction.
If something works or not in one it will also work or not in the other.
Sure the level of sophistication, cycle and valve configuration have many variants but the basic principal is all the same.

Perhaps, but I don't recall ever running my mower for 90 minutes at a time at 2000+ RPM. My mower engine also isn't pulling a 2500+ pound car. In terms of combustion cycle, etc.. sure, it's the same principle, but the work that its expected to perform is drastically different.

What RPM does your mower run at when you use it?

Perhaps, but I don't recall ever running my mower for 90 minutes at a time at 2000+ RPM. My mower engine also isn't pulling a 2500+ pound car. In terms of combustion cycle, etc.. sure, it's the same principle, but the work that its expected to perform is drastically different.

The lawnmower engine doing what its made for (cutting grass)is actually running at a higher RPM and doing more work per HP than a car engine cruising. Being air cooled I would think the improvement if any would be much more noticeable.
I don't like MoS2 or any other solid in the oil but in all fairness IMHO it did not have long enough to coat the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back