SnapOn wireless pressure tester (EEPV700)

D60

My local pawn has an EEPV700 at $400. Looks never used or lightly used, in the blow mold case, complete. I bet they'd take $300 cash.

I watched a couple vids and it's intriguing. To me the biggest pro seems to be wireless (duh). Would be nice to monitor certain things while not needing line of sight to a gauge (a fuel pressure gauge on the windshield of a CRV comes to memory!). Also their app graphs things like compression tests which could prove useful. It also does vacuum.

Cons that I see are:
1) it's electronic so greater chance of failure that can't be readily diagnosed
2) needs batteries but apparently they are replaceable
3) requires their app on your phone. SnapOn could just discontinue the app or start charging for it

Still, the cons are minor and the potential benefits could be a game changer on certain vehicles or for certain diagnoses.

Thoughts? Worth a potential $300 or a fancy toy that won't be that useful?

@clinebarger @Trav @Timmastertech @The Critic (and anyone else)

No experience with one, but I do have a Pico Pressure Transducer that have some crossover in functionality - depending on how creative you want to get. So, probably not something that I will ever purchase, but interested in hearing what others have to say.

To me the biggest con is as you stated, if they discontinue the app or support of the product.

From there, its how much are you going to use it.... If its not that often, save the money... If a lot, then go for it.

1) There are hose assemblies which are part of the $640 kit. Make sure those are included.
2) The tool is said to have a direct read screen so beaming to your phone isn't 100% necessary.

3) Maybe contact Snap-On and ask?

Back