... smoking brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by parshisa
Come over, i've got a good half of it left lol

I'm in Fort Worth., where are you?
grin2.gif

Texas brisket is the finest food on the planet!! I cook mine super slow for two days. It comes out so juicy and tender that it literally falls to pieces. My fave part of the brisket are the coveted burnt ends. The best BBQ besides my own (which I admit theirs is better!!) I've ever had is Bodacious in Arlington,Tx. They cook theirs for two days as well.

I think the problem with most BBQ restraunts is they either cook it too fast or put too much unneeded seasonings on it,and it either comes out tough and dry,or all you taste is the powder seasoning garbage they covered it with. All you need is smoke,and maybe salt and pepper.

Agree. Slow ans steady is the key. Unfortunately I don't have a real smoker (one day maybe) and cooking in weber is quite tricky - you really need to keep an eye on it. And as far as restaurants cooking BBQ, it really is a hit and miss. That's why I don't go BBQ places a lot and prefer to cook it myslef

Originally Posted by PimTac
I'm befuddled that you can get brisket cheaper there than I can get hamburger for here.

Hamburger steak for Sunday dinner here. I can't afford the real thing.
Hot Hamburger sandwiches with peas and gravy.....mmmmmmmm!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Texas brisket is the finest food on the planet!! I cook mine super slow for two days. It comes out so juicy and tender that it literally falls to pieces. My fave part of the brisket are the coveted burnt ends. The best BBQ besides my own (which I admit theirs is better!!) I've ever had is Bodacious in Arlington,Tx. They cook theirs for two days as well.

I think the problem with most BBQ restraunts is they either cook it too fast or put too much unneeded seasonings on it,and it either comes out tough and dry,or all you taste is the powder seasoning garbage they covered it with. All you need is smoke,and maybe salt and pepper.

I'll be on next flight down with a 12 pack of corona bottles
wink.gif

At 220-230F. I had it wrapped in foil at around 155F and it was around 8hrs in the cook. Raised the temp up to 350 and pulled around 200-205 internal

I'm still waiting for my invite
lol.gif

...as long as you aren't up in Allen, or Plano, or Caddo Mills, etc. etc.

I'm not driving that far.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

I'll be on next flight down with a 12 pack of corona bottles
wink.gif

Right on brother!
cheers3.gif

Looks great! I smoke pork shoulder regularly on my 150$ weber charcoal bbq (I assume its what you have too) Its a charcoal BBQ but works excellent as a smoker..and for the price, it cant be beat! Brisket is ridiculously hard to find in Canada, at least near where I live. If I could find it, id bet itd be over 10$ a lb... meanwhile pork shoulder can be had for under a couple bucks a lb. I wish we had some nice cheap bbq lunch joints up here! Texas must have tons of awesome BBQ! Ive been to Nashville and Virginia a few times and enjoyed their BBQ.

Originally Posted by KJSmith
Originally Posted by Bud
I could live on brisket. My two favorites here in Katy are Spring Creek and Rudy's.

You are close enough to try a real Texas experience.

http://vincekssmokehouseinc.com/index.html

Try the Kolaches also.

Will try it. Thanks

Finishing the weekend off with some smoked strout! It's soooo easy to cook and fish turns out delicious! I'll post a picture once it is done:)

A regular Weber kettle "grill" is a great tool with which to introduce one's self to smoking.

You can get a larger smoker when you're ready. People seem never to mention thermometers. You want at least 2; one for the meat's temp and one for the smoke box.

BEGINNER'S LUCK Dept: My Dad smoked a turkey in the Weber kettle and it came out perfect.

Foul takes a back seat to "MEAT" but shouldn't be overlooked.

I've ordered thermoworks grill/oven thermometer during black Friday but USPS lost it so i'm still waiting on the replacement. But i have another thermometer which i use for stakes so that's what i used this time around. But year, it is very important. Cooking meats without one is very dangerous and unless you're a pro and donit for living

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back