Siri's listening...true story

My GF visited two of her oldest friends over the weekend. They were out to dinner when somehow the word "dinkleberry" came up. My GF's apple watch lit up and said "dinkleberry, a piece of poop stuck to a dogs butt". They howled with laughter. Her phone was in her purse and no one said the word Siri. So Siri is always listening or some nerds like to listen in on people while in their cubicles. I know Alexa listens to you all the time.

My GF visited two of her oldest friends over the weekend. They were out to dinner when somehow the word "dinkleberry" came up. My GF's apple watch lit up and said "dinkleberry, a piece of poop stuck to a dogs butt". They howled with laughter. Her phone was in her purse and no one said the word Siri. So Siri is always listening or some nerds like to listen in on people while in their cubicles. I know Alexa listens to you all the time.
Google/Android has the same thing. They both have the capability to be voice activated where you say "Hey Siri or Hey Google." The owner of the phone would have had to activate voice recognition / automatic Siri response for that to appear suddenly. When you enable it, it asks you to say "Hey Siri" several times so it's more accurate at detecting that phrase. So if the GF acted surprised, she shouldn't have been. Or should have paid more attention to granting permissions when setting up the device.

In the absence of "Hey Siri" that just means the voice recognition mistook something in the background for that phrase. If you don't want it, don't enable it. Or read the terms and conditions before pressing "accept".

The question is, are you buying a cheap 'spy on you' phone or expensive premium version?
Many TVs do that, cars do that, at your home and places you visit.

IMG_6564 - Copy.JPG

Given a choice, I would prefer Dinkel Poffies.

For me Siri has to hear my voice say “hey siri” for it to activate. So if it’s not my voice it won’t work. But I have no doubt it’s probably always listening like most electronics.

Google/Android has the same thing. They both have the capability to be voice activated where you say "Hey Siri or Hey Google." The owner of the phone would have had to activate voice recognition / automatic Siri response for that to appear suddenly. When you enable it, it asks you to say "Hey Siri" several times so it's more accurate at detecting that phrase. So if the GF acted surprised, she shouldn't have been. Or should have paid more attention to granting permissions when setting up the device.

In the absence of "Hey Siri" that just means the voice recognition mistook something in the background for that phrase. If you don't want it, don't enable it. Or read the terms and conditions before pressing "accept".
Just passing along a funny story.

You can get Amisa Spelt Puffs on Amazon. Dinkel is spelt. Unlike modern wheat, ancient wheat like spelt has anti-inflammatory properties. I use the spelt puffs sometimes in homemade chocolate/nuts bars.
We eat spelt bread at home almost exclusively. Much tastier than modern wheat.

Back