Should I use 10w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I never knew oil could stretch an engine out.

Some fluids are incompressible; motor oil is one of them. If you go and force it through a clearance and the clearance puts up enough resistance because it's so tight, that clearance is going to get expanded because motor oil is a ruthless hombre.

I thought all fluids were incompressible: I learned something new: some fluids do have a slight ability to be compressed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Properties_of_water#Compressibility

I personally doubt the oil pump creates enough pressure to cause this type of problem ?

In any event , what ever damage that has been caused or not caused , has already taken place .

At that mileage , try the thinner oil . If it does not knock , clatter or rattle , or increase oil consumption , you are probably OK . If those things happen , go back to what you have been using .

By the way , living in Venezuela , I am guessing you have a got climate . So the thicker oil you have been using may have been appropiate ?

Best wishes , :)

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I never knew oil could stretch an engine out.

Some fluids are incompressible; motor oil is one of them. If you go and force it through a clearance and the clearance puts up enough resistance because it's so tight, that clearance is going to get expanded because motor oil is a ruthless hombre.

Dude............................................... you've got to stop it with these baloney answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back