should i get oil analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i posted before i just started using mobil delvac 1300 in my honda 929. So far i have 2200 miles on oil and will be changing it soon. I would like to know how this oil performs it regard to the m/c specific oil sold.
So far it has held up well in the over 100 degree temps and traffic in southern california.
But should i worry about fuel dilution and viscosity retention. I did see were delvac 1300 has a tbn of 12 and seem to have the level of zink and phophorus that i should be looking for in an oil.
Any helpful comments and technical info would be of help. BTW none of my friends can believe that i would run this oil in my bike , they seem to be waiting for something to break at any moment.

Thank,

If it makes you feel better-- this engine and oil combo might be quite rare-- go ahead and do it. Your questions will be answered for only a few bucks. Testing in this case makes more sense to me than still another look at Mobil 1 in a car engine.

FWIW... I just had my first UOA done by Terry Dyson and he was able to perscribe an oil change interval for my vehicle to best suit my needs. The data he gave me, and the explanation of what all the numbers mean allowed me to feel good about the oil I chose and the condition of my motor.

I would recommend to everyone who is soncerned enough to read these forums to get a UOA done on their engines.

Thanks again Terry!!

Tim

If you're going to use a dino oil then Delvac 1300 is a good choice.

I suppose the other HDMO's are about as good too.

Why not just buy a top tier syn oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back