Shocked to learn Windows Defender is so good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using it for a few years now and it is very good. I found no need for third party AV software, and I'm very happy about that.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I've never been able to figure out why Microsoft can't secure their own operating systems-if they don't know how it works, then nobody does!

Their operating system(s) are just simply too big. There are also bits of the software in there that are "legacy" and you have to wonder if they're afraid to touch it and what all can break if they make any changes, even if there's security concerns with it.

They are also the biggest target, far and away. I laugh at people who think macOS, Linux, etc are safer. Well, they are because the bad guys aren't interested in looking at them for exploits. The market is just too small to be worthwhile.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
They are also the biggest target, far and away. I laugh at people who think macOS, Linux, etc are safer. Well, they are because the bad guys aren't interested in looking at them for exploits. The market is just too small to be worthwhile.

Linux runs the majority of the Internet as well as smart devices. Yes many of them are custom but they tend to all use the same software (ssh, web servers, etc) and even kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back