shiniest wax

I've done zero prep and by far the best shine I've seen is this......
View attachment 80731

I don't prep because with Jeeps that go off-road, it would be futile. This stuff always amazes me, even after washing days of sand and mud off the Jeep. I've used it on white, bright red, and dark blue. It pops on all 3, but especially the red and white.

The best part is that it is only about $26 on Amazon and one jar lasts a long time. I've done 4 vehicles and hardly used any. It lasts a long time, too. I put the first coat on a Jeep in March and it still looked great and beaded exceptionally well when I did it a second time last week.
How much effort does it take to apply and wipe off? I've always used spray types and can do a car in 20-30 min with min wiping.

I've done zero prep and by far the best shine I've seen is this......
View attachment 80731

I don't prep because with Jeeps that go off-road, it would be futile. This stuff always amazes me, even after washing days of sand and mud off the Jeep. I've used it on white, bright red, and dark blue. It pops on all 3, but especially the red and white.

The best part is that it is only about $26 on Amazon and one jar lasts a long time. I've done 4 vehicles and hardly used any. It lasts a long time, too. I put the first coat on a Jeep in March and it still looked great and beaded exceptionally well when I did it a second time last week.
Used the same product, looks great. Washed 1st, de-ironed, washed again, clay bar each panel (took forever), then waxed....twice. Looks amazing. Well worth it and great reviews on YouTube by professional detailers. Just wished I sealed the vehicle when I got it new.

Some simply use a glaze at car shows for good but short lived effect. JAXWAX Liquid Carnauba wax is also popular. One of my go to products that is easy on/off. It has reasonable durability for carnauba.

How much effort does it take to apply and wipe off? I've always used spray types and can do a car in 20-30 min with min wiping.
It is really easy. Doesn't take much and wiping is a breeze with no powder or residue. I finish it off with a big thick fluffy microfiber to get the final shine. I also put it on the windows and it is like atomic Rain-X with super powers. It rolls water off them like nothing I've seen before.

It is really easy. Doesn't take much and wiping is a breeze with no powder or residue. I finish it off with a big thick fluffy microfiber to get the final shine. I also put it on the windows and it is like atomic Rain-X with super powers. It rolls water off them like nothing I've seen before.

Thanks IndyFan for the feedback. Might have to try some, come spring. :)

Who told you that? They're definitely top of the heap when it comes to outright gloss.
I've tested all them. Ceramics, the actually true ~80% SIO2 just don't produce the the wet slick look gloss as sealants and especially carnuaba based waxes.

Who told you that? They're definitely top of the heap when it comes to outright gloss.

If you ever tried both Ceramic and Carnuaba on a nice finish like on a collector car you can see the Ceramic leaves a dry shine look and Carnuaba leaves a wet candy coating like shine but just does not last as long..

If you ever tried both Ceramic and Carnuaba on a nice finish like on a collector car you can see the Ceramic leaves a dry shine look and Carnuaba leaves a wet candy coating like shine but just does not last as long..

Perhaps but again, it depends on the car. Does your collector car have a clearcoat? What year and make/model?

Perhaps but again, it depends on the car. Does your collector car have a clearcoat? What year and make/model?
Year, paint and other stuff not a factor. Its the perceived look of polymers, ceramics vs real wax. Any detailer knows this. Was for looks the others for longevity.

We're really getting into subtle difference and, IMO, emotion. I'll admit that a wax does provide a certain experience to the user and more of a "glow" to the paint, but that is subjective. Gloss is something you can measure, and SiO2 based product are glossier.

And the type of paint does matter. Any detailer knows this.

We're really getting into subtle difference and, IMO, emotion. I'll admit that a wax does provide a certain experience to the user and more of a "glow" to the paint, but that is subjective. Gloss is something you can measure, and SiO2 based product are glossier.

And the type of paint does matter. Any detailer knows this.
I have been doing this for almost 25 years so there is NO emotion involved in my statement, Just don't want someone buying a product with expectations that will not be realized. In the end however the customer is ALWAYS right. All I am saying is that the chemical makeup of sealants, waxes etc. are just different and produce very different results on ALL paint types. Had to redo many jobs after I told the customer he might not be satisfied with the choice of protection and look.

I have been doing this for almost 25 years so there is NO emotion involved in my statement, Just don't want someone buying a product with expectations that will not be realized. In the end however the customer is ALWAYS right. All I am saying is that the chemical makeup of sealants, waxes etc. are just different and produce very different results on ALL paint types. Had to redo many jobs after I told the customer he might not be satisfied with the choice of protection and look.

Every person’s experience and opinion will differ on any product. Many here including myself have been impressed with Griots 3in1 ceramic spray but there have been those who didn’t like it.

As for subtle differences, paints and especially clear coats have changed over the years. A clearcoat on a 1970’s car is not the same as a 2021. The clearcoat is what you are working on.

Now if you go further back before clearcoats then that is another ball of wax. (pun intended)

Back