Shell Rotella motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any of you guys use the Rotella T6 5w40 in your trucks or cars? if so what is your OCI and comments? i am going to use it in my 4wheeler and dang tempted to use it in my 150k mile taco 4x4 v6 as well.. thanks guys

Last edited:
Its (40wt) thick, the T5 10w-30 might be better for a modern car. Maybe if your towing in high heat or desert running the 40w would be usefull. I ran the T 10w-30 in my 08 Toyota it worked well but was a bit thicker than needed. I run it in the Subaru in the warm months and it did good there and the fuel mileage was better tha Mobil Clean. Cant Explain that.

Its a superb oil, and some engines absolutely thrive on it even though its thicker than recommended (Jeep 4.0, Subaru turbos, etc.). I've put up a couple of UOAs on my daughter's 130k mile Jeep in the UOA forum, and its always very good with lots of life left at my chosen 6k OCI. I'm sure it could do 10K just fine. Its actually a thinnish 40 weight, so my advice would be to try it and see if mileage drops or oil pressure runs too high.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Its a superb oil, and some engines absolutely thrive on it even though its thicker than recommended (Jeep 4.0, Subaru turbos, etc.). I've put up a couple of UOAs on my daughter's 130k mile Jeep in the UOA forum, and its always very good with lots of life left at my chosen 6k OCI. I'm sure it could do 10K just fine. Its actually a thinnish 40 weight, so my advice would be to try it and see if mileage drops or oil pressure runs too high.

i dont have an oil pressure gauge so i would be able to know. as for mileage i am not too worried about it. its a truck i get [censored] gas mileage as it is LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back