Shell #1 Lubricant Supplier Globally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell again ranked top lubricant supplier globally

Sep 24, 2010 2:19 PM

Research firm Kline & Company has named Shell Lubricants the number-one global lubricant supplier for the fourth consecutive year. According to Kline’s research, stated in its Global Lubricants Industry 2009: Market Analysis and Assessment, 2009-2019 report, Shell Lubricants saw its global market share grow from 12.7% in 2008 to 13.4% last year.

That growth also widened Shell Lubricants’ lead over the No. 2 company to 2.5%. This despite, as Kline also reported, worldwide lubricant demand dropping in 2009-- falling 8.4% from 2008 levels to 35 million tons.

“Kline’s research shows that despite very challenging market conditions, Shell has continued to outperform the lubricants market as a whole and maintain our global leadership position,” said Chong-Meng Tan, executive vp for Shell B2B and Shell Lubricants.

“I believe this is the result of a consistent strategy that focuses squarely on customers, as well as leading technologies delivering superior products and services that add value for clients,” he added.

Shell’s growth was led by an 11% climb in market share in China. Shell holds 11.6% of the U.S. market, Kline noted.

Good for them. However, their lubricants technical hotline based out of the U.S. is horrible, (personal experience). And if they are the number one supplier, why for example do they purchase Petro-Canada's base stock for their rotella line?
wink.gif
When I purchase lubricants, my money stays in the country and doesn't make its way to the Dutch Royal Family.

Originally Posted By: Ridds
Good for them. However, their lubricants technical hotline based out of the U.S. is horrible, (personal experience). And if they are the number one supplier, why for example do they purchase Petro-Canada's base stock for their rotella line?
wink.gif

You keep spreading this rumor without backing it up. Please post your proof that Shell buys PC base oil.

The question to ask is;is Shell number one because thay are so good and or is it because they are such a large world company.

It may be because they own other companies and the combined sales make them number one or is it because they make the best products?

I would say that it is because they have combined and bought other companies and made them into one.It may also be that in some areas,there are no other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back