Shake/smoothie powders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this delicious creamy berry smoothy on vacation, I noticed they added about 1/4 cup of this vanilla powder stuff. I realize it's probably mostly sugar, but what is commercially available?

When we make fruit smoothies/mango lassies we use yogurt/milk/cream.....but that powder packed a different punch. Like to find out........

I would love to get some good smoothie recepies. Just seems like everytime I make them it's not even close to the same that I get when I'm out.

Maybe that powder is why

Last edited:
There are tons of mixes available, but I know some people who add a little vanilla pudding mix to their smoothie, I have never tried it though.

I add Cream of Coconut, Mango Juice or Nectar & a touch of Pineapple juice to mine.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What stores?

They're usually hiding in the produce section (Walmart and Save-a-lot around here). Although I far prefer superfood powder mixes for their content - and not flavor enhancement.

I think one trick the commercial places use is to minimize fiber content, use lots of ice and high speed blades. I on the other hand like to start with a small Vitamix container, put in (4) T. low-fat cottage cheese to which half as much flax oil is added, mix on very low for a bit and then to add oranges, cored apples and a frozen tropical fruit mix as well as the superfood powders, parsley or raw spinach to the container, fill up half of the remaining space with water, top with ice (things are gettin' pretty tight by now!) and ignite the machine.

Supermeal!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back