Service Department Just Lied to My Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
I don't know if Honda sends a follow-up review after a service at the dealership, but if they do, feel free to fill it up with as details as possible.

Yeah! Slam the guy on the survey before trying to resolve the "issue" face to face like a normal, functioning human being! That'll make sure he gets better service next time!

lol

Originally Posted By: TheOilWizard
Maybe I can provide a more balanced perspective for you.

First off, the capacity in the manual is 5.3 quarts, and easily achievable using a fluid exchange machine.

Secondly, worst case, he exaggerated the complexity of the job, perhaps out of ignorance (no excuse) or to make a sale. It's hard to say which category this would fall into.

However, it does NOT appear that they tried to sell you on unneeded services. Give him a call and tell him what you found and see what he says.

No. This generation CRV transmission is a 3.5 quart drain/fill service. Also you should nEEEEEVER use a fluid exchange machine on a Honda transmission, it damages them. Drain and fill takes 5 minutes.

67681d1468559550-2005-crv-transmission-whine-2009-09-19_020254_crv_4wd_transmission.gif

While we are talking Honda transmissions and dealerships, hopefully you have been changing your ATF religiously, but if not you may someday get a slight "whine" in gears 1-3 in an otherwise fine transmission.

The smiling dealer will again lie to your face and tell you you need a new transmission, when all it requires is a new end cover plate (it comes with the new bearing pressed into it, and that is the important part that causes the whine). This plate also houses that pressure sensor you are going to replace on yours.

No transmissions reportedly have actually failed due to this whine, but you dogs probably get a heads up you are home when you are pulling into the drive
laugh.gif

19.gif

When Honda comes calling asking for a survey, this is wear you can rip them apart.

or, just call up Honda and complain about the dealership technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back