See Detroit Streets Filled With Ford Model Ts In Restored 1920s

Since the sound is all simulated, I bet the noise from all that traffic was really much worse than the simulated sound. The way pedestrian traffic and cars seem to intermingle, reminds me more of something you would see today South East Asia

Amazed at how clean Detroit was 100 years ago. Briefly showed a street washing truck crossing an intersection.
A few decades after these videos, Detroit was the 5th best metro to live and work in the US, among the wealthiest. It had (and still has) some of the richest zip codes in the nation.

But sadly, unions and politics destroyed the city, drove out all the affluent and investments from about the 60s thru the late 90s. Ironically, cars aided that flight of wealth. We're watching a modern era repeat in a number of US cities today.

This was taken a few years before the great depression. I wonder if people get sick with all those unregulated fumes (carbon monoxide) coming from the car exhausts

What if you were actually there from the future wearing a worn out faded blue jeans, white shirt, with an iPhone 14 in your hand standing and leaning in your Tesla X with gull wing doors lifted up I bet there will chaos thinking you're an alien from another galaxy :eek::alien:

Last edited:
This video was glaringly absent the morbid obesity of today. I enjoyed it.
1681234877374.jpg

All of the women wore long skirts/dresses (below the knee) - no slacks or shorts. All of the men wore suits, most with ties. And everyone wore a hat.
I always found that interesting too. Everyone wore a hat and was always dressed, even on the beach.

Back