Sears is still incompetent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a pretty nice Nextec Li-ion impact driver. Battery needs replacing. Is somewhat of an odd duck.

Sears has one for $25. They have either free pickup in store or I can pay god-knows-what for shipping to my house.

I entered my zip code; no stores within 100 miles of me have the item. And I guess they can't drop-ship it on a "hub run" or however they get merch to their B&Ms.

Despite my having entered my zip code, they wanted me to proceed to checkout with their online shopping cart to give me a price on shipping.

I've had about enough of this. I'm audi 5000!

You can probably get one at Harbor Freight for cheap....manufactured probably in the same country as the one you are looking at.

There are similar Li-ion packs but the notches are cut differently to make them incompatible. I could also plausibly rebuild the one I've got.

Sears's linking up viably the online world is part of the backdrop for the movie of their demise.

I looked into ordering an emergency tire compressor they had on sale.

The shipping was "to my door" only, which I found odd as so many other shops will ship to store. I was willing to prepay.

With this, the familiar Sears red paint job and black accents, large handle with the built in work light.....simply looked stupid.

I went to another store and bought a different one from the same country using a 20% off coupon. Can you guess that retailer?

For the OP there are battery sites available other than Sears.

I'm only making purchases using my accumulating points.

I did spend an extra $20 (over points) to get a Milwaukee convertible hand-truck. Shipped free (>$59 ships free for some items).

Unlike past shipments, which took more than a month, this thing showed up within a week! It wasn't boxed, but that's OK...

Originally Posted by 4WD
What is the intent of this thread ?

Sears is almost out of business. No reason to think things would get better there. Most the competent people have moved on to greener pastures.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Sears is still around ? Thought they went belly up along with Kmart ...

Give them a couple more weeks.

They are on life support. Just waiting for someone to pull the plug...

Kinda sad to me. Most of my childhood clothes came from Sears. My mom grew up in a Sears house.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Sears is still around ? Thought they went belly up along with Kmart ...

Sears = KMart

Sears is a dead man walking these days.
A shame, especially since e-retail is so cheap to do well.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Have a pretty nice Nextec Li-ion impact driver. Battery needs replacing. Is somewhat of an odd duck.

Sears has one for $25. They have either free pickup in store or I can pay god-knows-what for shipping to my house.

I entered my zip code; no stores within 100 miles of me have the item. And I guess they can't drop-ship it on a "hub run" or however they get merch to their B&Ms.

Despite my having entered my zip code, they wanted me to proceed to checkout with their online shopping cart to give me a price on shipping.

I've had about enough of this. I'm audi 5000!

https://www.mtobattery.com

Fairly inexpensive, quick, effective-I can recommend them highly.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by 4WD

Sears is almost out of business. No reason to think things would get better there. Most the competent people have moved on to greener pastures.

Yes little Eddie Lampert is milking Sears for all its worth they should have been in receivership a year ago.

I remember as a small child drooling while looking at all the toys in the Sears catalog.

Now Amazon is the 'modern' day Sears that is kicking lots of B&M retailers [censored] es.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Sears is a dead man walking these days.
A shame, especially since e-retail is so cheap to do well.

Even more of a shame when you realize Sears was king of mail order. They had the distribution, the goods, and the logistics all figured out. They just had to put it on the Web early on (like they did for the catalogs) and they could have wiped Amazon off the face of the Earth. And they were an early investor in Prodigy so they had a little of the tech sauce too.

Darn shame too - they could have had it all.

Originally Posted by 4WD

1) I would buy the battery in store but they are out of stock.
2) I would buy the battery online if I could get it delivered for free. Delivery, store, I don't care.
3) The tool is about 4 years old and Craftsman brand. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to PAY for replacement parts for it.
4) In irregular intervals Sears sends a tractor trailer full off stuff from their warehouse to their store. They could put my battery in there and let me know when it gets there.
5) Amazon will ship a book, jug of motor oil, Tom Jones CD etc to a Whole Foods store for me to pick up, even though Whole Foods doesn't natively sell any of that stuff. Sears won't send something they sell to support something they sold to a place where they sell stuff because they lack the logistics or willpower.

For me it's 39 miles to store that has one … and $59 minimum purchase to get free delivery …
We don't have HF … but still have a small town Sears …

I went 100% Black & Decker on cordless since they are everywhere … but replacement batteries is a racket with them too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back