Sears done with Whirlpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, im not impressed with whirlpool products. Had an issue with a 3 year old fridge where the drain blocked and now my 9 year old Jenn air stove has a touchpad failure which is going to run me 6-700 bones to fix. Will be trying GE next maybe, but Whirlpool lost my faith.

Sears i could care less about. Sears execs in Canada still getting nice bonuses to stick around for the remaining store closures after they dropped the ball.. i guess not any different from many other corps, the frontline workers end up eating it.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with Whirlpool appliances, no complaints. Sears is on borrowed time, I doubt they'll be around next year at this time. Selling the Craftsman name bought them another year, if they can sell the Kenmore name, maybe they'll get a little more time. Is there any value in the Diehard name? I doubt it.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Is there any value in the Diehard name? I doubt it.

Maybe have Bruce Willis start promoting the batteries.
grin.gif

Sears now is basically a real estate company pretending to be a dying retail company. Eddie is making out just fine.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Sears now is basically a real estate company pretending to be a dying retail company. Eddie is making out just fine.

Yes ole Eddie is taking it right to them isn't he! He should be colored gone!

Whirlpool stock dropped double digits after this was announced.

For those of you gloating in support of Whirlpool, you might want to rethink.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
Whirlpool sees the writing on the wall that Sears is going to be done, period before long. The same old death spiral that sent Montgomery Ward and K Mart to their graves.

K mart is still a going concern with 591 locations and $25mmm in annual revenue.

I have a 1970 Model Whirlpool washer, a handmedown from a relative. Went to this old school appliance store and bought a pump for it. It is built like a tank. The guy said to hold on to that machine, the new ones are total junk. After three years it sometimes just pays to discard and replace it. He buys old machines, cleans, repaints, changes belts and resells them, he told me often after two failures people buy one of the refurbished ones, and they can last a lifetime. He told me never to buy a machine with electronics, only simple controls.

I liked Sears because of their (in years past ) GOOD BETTER BEST LABELLING OF SOME PRODUCTS.

why doesnt amazon sell washers and dryers. too big? but I bought a 10 inch table saw on line, delivered to my garage.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
I liked Sears because of their (in years past ) GOOD BETTER BEST LABELLING OF SOME PRODUCTS.

why doesnt amazon sell washers and dryers. too big? but I bought a 10 inch table saw on line, delivered to my garage.

I bought appliances online. They need a semi with a liftgate to deliver it. It may not be cost effective to do so for Amazon.

I am so lucky to have a magtag I bought at an estate auction about 30 years ago, It said super large capacity, but only washes 4 blue jeans. in the nearly 30 years it has had a water pump, and a siphon breaker, and a new set of hoses "just in case"

Maybe it will get me another 30

Rod

My Family always bought our Maytags "who are owned by Whirlpool" at Sears. Myself included, my Maytag washer & dryer I bought as a combo in 2005. The dryer only gets used for socks,towels & refresh. Other wise, I am one of the rare people that still hangs my wash out on the line when weather permits or use a hanging rack. Nothing like sheets hung out on the line. My washer needs a new belt & possibly new tensioners. Sears is soon going to be gone is also my opinon.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
So what will Kenmore appliances be now? G.E. or Fridigaire? This will be the end of sears appliance sales, if they only have that junk to sell.

Some Kenmore was G.E. but you could look at it and tell the G.E. from the Whirlpool.

I also find best buy to be a good source, I am remodeling my kitchen and i am going with samsung for everthing, except the dishwasher, which is whirlpool and does not need replacing yet.

Much of the reporting is that Whirlpool is still making appliances that will carry the Kenmore name. Who will still make them? Sears had Kenmore appliances made by pretty much every major appliance manufacturer at one time or another. That includes foreign companies like Samsung, LG, and Haier. This is a list of Kenmore manufacturers:

http://www.appliance411.com/parts/sears.shtml

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Much of the reporting is that Whirlpool is still making appliances that will carry the Kenmore name. Who will still make them? Sears had Kenmore appliances made by pretty much every major appliance manufacturer at one time or another. That includes foreign companies like Samsung, LG, and Haier. This is a list of Kenmore manufacturers:

http://www.appliance411.com/parts/sears.shtml

Like Craftsman, they'll sell the Kenmore name to a 3rd party before declaring bankruptcy.

If Whirlpool doesn't want to buy it, it'll be the Chinese. They know how to build stuff but has a problem with brands so they might buy it like they bought GE and Toshiba.

Originally Posted By: thorromig
My Family always bought our Maytags "who are owned by Whirlpool" at Sears. Myself included, my Maytag washer & dryer I bought as a combo in 2005. The dryer only gets used for socks,towels & refresh. Other wise, I am one of the rare people that still hangs my wash out on the line when weather permits or use a hanging rack. Nothing like sheets hung out on the line. My washer needs a new belt & possibly new tensioners. Sears is soon going to be gone is also my opinon.

Sears or K-mart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back