Schaeffer 9000 not Ck-4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading on the Schaeffers synthetic HDEO and I see that IT'S NOT ck-4 rated...... is that on purpose?
What's the advantage to the newer CK-4 backwards compatible oils?
Does Schaeffer have a special additive pack that makes this 9000 series oil better as just a CJ-4 oil?

Schaeffer's is a good oil. I know that a lot of the Ford pickup crowd were raving about this, . I cannot answer for Schaeffer's. Great question.

count me interested!! with changing regulations + certifications oil manufacturers-blenders are removing more ZDDP + who knows what to meet certifications. hoping the reformulations are actually as good as they want us to believe!! i have as much trust in big oil as i do the government or pharma pill pushers!! thats NOT MUCH!!!

Originally Posted by benjy
count me interested!! with changing regulations + certifications oil manufacturers-blenders are removing more ZDDP + who knows what to meet certifications. hoping the reformulations are actually as good as they want us to believe!! i have as much trust in big oil as i do the government or pharma pill pushers!! thats NOT MUCH!!!

You arent the only one buddy....... I trust haters more than the government!

My semi diesel has been on Schaeffer 711 10w30 CK-4 for the last 2 years, roughly 250,000 miles. Motor now has 918,000 miles on it. No problem. And that 918,000 miles is on a factory remanned Series 60 pre-emission motor that called for CI-4 when it was made. Last oil sample.... Calcium 1944, Phosphorus 1421, and Zinc 1236. Not sure that CK-4 is all that terrible. I think some are just suffering from an enlarged paranoia gland.

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
My semi diesel has been on Schaeffer 711 10w30 CK-4 for the last 2 years, roughly 250,000 miles. Motor now has 918,000 miles on it. No problem. And that 918,000 miles is on a factory remanned Series 60 pre-emission motor that called for CI-4 when it was made. Last oil sample.... Calcium 1944, Phosphorus 1421, and Zinc 1236. Not sure that CK-4 is all that terrible. I think some are just suffering from an enlarged paranoia gland.

What length of OCI do you achieve with the Schaeffer?

And LOLOL paranoia gland.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by TiredTrucker

What length of OCI do you achieve with the Schaeffer?

And LOLOL paranoia gland.

OEM recommended drain on my semi truck motor is 15000 miles or 300 hrs. I typically change oil at 22,500 miles or 450 hrs. So 50% longer than OEM recommended drain interval.

26k on Schaeffer's 15w40
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4491185/Re:_2007.5_Ram_Cummins_6.7,_26

I use a combo filter. Has a small bypass filter inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back