Save me some time researching before I order fuel conditioner/cleaner.

I have used Red Line, Techron, Rislone and others over the years. Usually the Red Line a couple times a year in the injected gasoline vehicles I service. What is the best bang for the buck nowadays?

Techron Complete is my choice because they were the leaders and through their research with BMW formulated the brand. Everyone else was trying to match Chevrons Techron. I would rather reward Chevron rather than a second tier? Ed

Startron. It tastes the best, has the coolest name and comes in a neat blue bottle. It's inexpensive and goes a long way too, but that's of much lesser concern than the taste.

I use it primarily for less frequently used gas engines as a fuel stabilizer and to help keep injectors and carbs clean (generators, fourwheelers), and what's left gets dumped into my 2.0T.

Thanks Fellas. Checking prices now. Want some PEA in this juice. I take my snake oil neat.

if using it, I go with Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner and buy it when on sale...I use Top Tier on all the cars that I take care of so using Chevron Techron CFSC has been less of a concern for me...

Bill

Techron Concetrate 1 quart bottle at NAPA. Simply the best!
If one lives within reasonable driving distance to Manteno, IL, then Techron can only manage a fairly distant second-place finish 😉

There’s PEA, PIB, and several other chemicals that address all facets of cleaning the fuel system, injectors, combustion chambers, and on port injection, intake valves in the one from Manteno.

If one lives within reasonable driving distance to Manteno, IL, then Techron can only manage a fairly distant second-place finish 😉

There’s PEA, PIB, and several other chemicals that address all facets of cleaning the fuel system, injectors, combustion chambers, and on port injection, intake valves in the one from Manteno.
That is very true, and most of the "over the counter" (lol) cleaners are mostly "lubricating oils" with the bare minimum PEA/PID treat rate.

The clear winner, as far as performance per dollar goes.

1000017179.jpg

Angry 'cause I'm too far away.

Anything with PEA will do a good job. I'd use Techron, since Chevron seems to do good R&D on their products. Gumout Regane High-Mileage might be the best bang for your buck in terms of PEA per dollar.

PEA cleaners are best used before an oil change, especially on a GDI engine, since they can get in the crankcase and cause varnish.

Back