Safety Reminder: don’t trust a jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Originally Posted By: funflyer
Wow! About a dozen firefighters and every piece of equipment the truck has just to lift a car off the guy?
The metaphor about a monkey and a football crossed my mind. There were enough personnel on hand to lift the car off the poor idiot

My thoughts too, seems like they were taking a lot of time. Guess the guy wasn't getting crushed that much to warrant faster extraction.

Saw a guy with a Hummer yesterday … he had taken two 2”x12”’s … and two old steel wheels/tires … drove up the lumber until the boards went horizontal on top of the wheels …
Of course it was parked at a rough looking trailer house …
Nobody was around …

Wow! About a dozen firefighters and every piece of equipment the truck has just to lift a car off the guy?

My thoughts exactly. He would have been out a lot faster. Scary stuff.

Many many years ago my grandfather owned a collision repair shop and there was another shop next door.

One day on the weekend my grandpa was working and heard someone yelling for help and the guy at the shop next door had a car fall off a jack and crush his arm, my grandpa grabbed a bottle jack and jumped the fence and saved the guy.

Originally Posted By: Fitter30
Ever been to a self service junk yard and how the cars are resting on wheels, thats scary!

At my local Pick N Pull, it’s two rims, the vertical rim on top is welded to a horizontal rim. I don’t think the welds are inspected.

lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06

Video summary:
A jack failed and trapped a person working under their car..

I have never ever ever ever seen SO MANY PEOPLE take so long to raise a car 1"

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

My thoughts exactly. He would have been out a lot faster. Scary stuff.

I thought the same thing.. I know I don't know what I am talking about, but what the heck? Just pick the [censored] thing up with another jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back