Running 32:1 mix in 16:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Got some leftover 32:1 fuel want to try and start my chainsaw 16:1 can it be done? How will it affect things? I butchered trying to spray pint it the paint must have been defective now when it dries good I will have to sand things down and I think I will paint my saw with a paint brush might be better I just don't want streaks.
Thanks

Dunno about Remington saws but the early Lawn Boy engines used a 16:1 mix. Then they changed to 32:1. The difference has to do with the crank bearings, not the improvement in oils

Originally Posted By: andyd
Dunno about Remington saws but the early Lawn Boy engines used a 16:1 mix. Then they changed to 32:1. The difference has to do with the crank bearings, not the improvement in oils
Mowed with a 74 Lawn Boy as a kid. I remember mixing 16:1 oil/gas for it. Smoked out the grass catcher. When we got the John Deere walk behind in the 90's, couldn't believe how that so much better. Can't believe there are die hard breath smoke while you mow people. You can have your Lawn Boy.

Originally Posted By: NH73
Can't believe there are die hard breath smoke while you mow people. You can have your Lawn Boy.

Of course, the last generation LawnBoy 2 strokes have large catalysts in the mufflers. After a brief warm-up, they don't smoke or smell. They are light and make gobs of power. Perfect for certain applications, like rural, Florida property with fast growing and very tough grasses. Also fantastic for steep inclines, such as swales and drainage canals, as there is no oil sump. So the extreme angle does not cause lubrication issues.

I've got a 27 year old Shindaiwa T25 trimmer, its a 25 to 1 engine, For the last 10-15 years I have used nothing but Stihl HP Ultra 2-Cycle Oil mixed 50 to 1, the same mixture I use in 6 other Stihls. It just keeps goin and goin and goin...

My Lawn Boy parts mowers are centered around the F series circa 87-95. They were made for 32:1 outboard oil. I like the '88 model 7073. I think it was my most successful carb fix since the rebuilt 2150 on my '88 Grand Wag. It is a very good mowing mower. And just to reinforce the digital memory, I used my hard gained knowledge to whip another carb into shape. I'm old school and I mix an oily 32:1 and use it in all weed wackers saw, and Mantis. 40yrs+ so far and counting on the '75 Stihl saw. I have no mix oil to endorse. The last 2 qts have been Valvoline Universal 2 stroke oil. I will also add a capfull of MMO on top. Before that it was whatevr the True Value was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back