Ruger announces pistol caliber carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a video review, where the breach face of the bolt is replaceable by pulling out a few pins. Meaning, its almost certain that Ruger will release other calibers and breach face conversions to match the different size calibers.

Ruger, who apparently is NOT circling the drain
smile.gif
is releasing a third version of the PC Carbine, which is the threaded barrel version, with a 10 round mag. Now there are THREE versions I still can't get a hold of.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: sgtrockjoe
Have 2 of the old PC-9s. Built like a tank. NEVER selling tese.

I looked hard for one of those or the Marlin Camp 9 and they don't even take Glock mags! Don't come up too often, everyone else must want to hold onto theirs too. I look forward go getting one or two of these re-release Rugers, preferably one in 9mm, the other in 10mm (pretty please, Ruger).

I had a Ruger PC40 carbine and sadly sold it some years ago. I still have a Ruger P94, which takes the same mags as the carbine. Glad to see Ruger reintroducing a pistol caliber carbine, and designing it so that it takes Ruger or Glock mags. It will be a great seller, I'm thinking.

Having a devil of a time locating a new Security 9 as well. Finally saw one yesterday at the LGS, but of course they were way too high on it. I thought I saw a carbine somewhere but now I don't remember where.

Got a call this AM on the way to work.Had my name on a wishlist for one. The store got six in...no threaded barrel, 1 10 round Ruger magazine. $499+ PA tax. Picked it up this afternoon on the way home from work.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
They are making a killing on that rifle at that price. I manage a gun store and I can tell you dealer cost is $425 or less on that gun.

Perhaps. But only if you have them to sell. Most dealers don't. At least not now.

Just give it some time. They'll come down in price a bit. Saw some in one listing for just a bit over $500 recently.

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Just give it some time. They'll come down in price a bit. Saw some in one listing for just a bit over $500 recently.

In time they'll be cheap and plentiful, just like the SR-1911's are now. When they first came out you couldn't find them for love or money. Now they're a dime a dozen. That's the way it is with most new Ruger's. It was the same deal with the Mark IV .22 pistol when they introduced it. They were hard to find, and when you did they were gone in minutes.

Once production catches up with demand, they'll be readily available, and at discounted prices. But for now they're hard to come by as demand outstrips supply. These little pistol carbines are very popular. I've never understood why Marlin never brought back their Camp Carbines. They always sold well.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: umungus1122

In time they'll be cheap and plentiful, just like the SR-1911's are now. When they first came out you couldn't find them for love or money. Now they're a dime a dozen. That's the way it is with most new Ruger's. It was the same deal with the Mark IV .22 pistol when they introduced it. They were hard to find, and when you did they were gone in minutes.

Once production catches up with demand, they'll be readily available, and at discounted prices. But for now they're hard to come by as demand outstrips supply. These little pistol carbines are very popular. I've never understood why Marlin never brought back their Camp Carbines. They always sold well.

sadly, Marlin is only a name these days. rebranded remington [censored].

My shop had two of these 9MM take down carbines today. One of them came home with me.
grin.gif

Looking forward to running it hard to see if its worth anything. It feels solid in the hand, with a good trigger and good sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back