Royal Purple TWC III Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finishing up a case of gallons of this oil in a Suzuki 90HP V4. The engine loves the oil. The exhaust/smoke stinks worse than any oil I have ever used. I personally recommend this oil for an engine that is worked hard and run at high RPM. I don't think this oil is the best for an engine operating at 4K RPM and below. JMO. It tends to soot and carbon unless run hard. That is my experience with it.

I`m an amsoil dealer, so you know where my loyalty lies, but I gave Royal Purple an honest try last year. I dumped my HP injector out and saved it, refilled the tank with the Royal Purple TC-W3, new plugs. I gave it a month and actually dumped it and put the HP back in, I didn`t like it at all. Engine in question was a merc 150 on a Bass Boat with the oil injection still connected. I put new plugs in when I started and they were about fouled out when I changed back to the HP. I put new plugs back in when I changed back and havn`t looked back. Seemed to be a lot of unburned residual oil also. I liked the old Quick silver better that came in it. It`s just hard to beat the Amsoil HP injector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back