Royal Purple #20-500 filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah I am very surprised at the UVa Cavaliers this year. Really pretty decent so far. I hope your mom is doing good..

Yeah, mom is still doing well Captain. Thanks for asking
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
Soon I'll have to figure out a way to cut and past a Huge thanks for the service !!! Thank you the posts are enjoyed.

Yep. +100000

Those filters are well made. I only wish it has the efficiency ratings as Fram Ultra. Especially for my Montero, I like the thickness of the can, while 4x4. I have skid plates, but nothing is 100% completed protected. Nice pics!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

For the price of these filters and looking at the quality of that seam, if this is the "standard" for RP, I will pass.

Thanks for the C&P!

I have some from pepboys that I got for sale. Heavy canister and looks pretty good on paper and the photos. Will use for my next OCI. Kinda regretting using the bosch seeing one of them rip the other day..

Quote:
Those filters are well made. I only wish it has the efficiency ratings as Fram Ultra. ....

RP rated 98.7%@20um, same as the Amsoil Ea. Comparatively, highly doubtful the miniscule difference in efficiency makes any difference in the short or long term.

As noted biggest difference is cost factor, RP pricey.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I'm gonna get you a seeing eye dog specially trained to spot turn or ripping oil filters. 1 bark means torn filter and two barks mean ripped filter.
I am just joking with you by the way
smile.gif
Good to see you on here pbm.

Thanks bbhero...they say that as you age the eyes go first, then the knees, and then you know what....

PS: I'm a Cavaliers fan as my brother graduated from there (38 years ago)....we haven't had much to cheer about football wise in years.... basketball is their strong point...great school by the way...

Originally Posted By: Toptierpao
Is that carbon bits on the side of the can? Thanks for your R&R car51!

Kinda felt soft or could rub them between fingers and they dissolved or weren't real hard. Could be carbon, not sure.

You're welcome also
Sir
smile.gif

Yeah pbm the Cavaliers have been dreadful in football for awhile now.. though this yr they have played fairly decent. I remember a couple of yrs ago they lost to the Richmond Spiders. And they got whooped to... 30-7. That's bad. I remember the days of George Welch where they became routinely competitive. They should have beaten Georgia Tech that time in Scott stadium... Lost 41-38. Led at the half 28-14. That unraveled what was a very promising seasaon 1990.. Then there was that yr 1995 where they actually beat Florida State 33-28... And had it not been for a last second TD by Michigan on the road and a last second FG by Texas that yr UVA could legitimately been in the national championship hunt... Or the loss to Georgia Tech in 1998 I believe where UVA had a 38-17 lead... But at least during those times they were very good and competitive.

Last edited:
Bbhero: they beat the "blue smurfs" or Boise State handily. Good enough for me:)

PITT on other hand SUCKS!!

Originally Posted By: car51
Mr Nice and Parejo: you guys are welcome
smile.gif

Just wondering are you a mechanic or do you just do oil changes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back