Rotella used as gas engine cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention....I'm using 100% HDEO, not a 50/50 mix.

ZERO drop in gas mileage compared to any other 'dino' 5w30 or 10w30 oil I've used in the past.
smile.gif

Quote:

Well, it may not clean ..but I think that HDEO is pretty good at deposit control. I took a look in the oil filler hole today @ around 60k (over 4 years) and there's no varnish on my visible rockers on my 2.5 jeep. I even had RTS in there for over a year. I'll take an pic or two.

Yes I absolutely agree! But people hear the words "high detergent" and think they will have scrubbing bubbles inside their engine.

Quote:

LT4 should have a nice "put it to rest" answer in a few months.
bruce

Lol, there will be a "put it to rest" answer about the same time people stop asking "What oil should I use?" questions. There will never be such a thing. I thought I had it months ago. Heck, per use of SLOB, I've been running HDEO levels of adatives nonstop since the winter (about 30,000 miles).

Quote:

Quote:

Well, it may not clean ..but I think that HDEO is pretty good at deposit control. I took a look in the oil filler hole today @ around 60k (over 4 years) and there's no varnish on my visible rockers on my 2.5 jeep. I even had RTS in there for over a year. I'll take an pic or two.

Yes I absolutely agree! But people hear the words "high detergent" and think they will have scrubbing bubbles inside their engine.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quote:

I got an old Honda and I'm using 10w30 HDEO in it for 6000 miles and I will post before/after pics to see if the HDEO I'm using removed any of the crud that was baked on after 145K miles. Stay tuned.
cool.gif
Picture146.jpg

I wanna know where you are GETTING the 10w30 versions of the diesel oils. I know they exist, but I have never seen anything but the 15w40. No I'm lying, I saw the SAE30 ONCE at Autozone I think.

Quote:

I wanna know where you are GETTING the 10w30 versions of the diesel oils. I know they exist, but I have never seen anything but the 15w40. ...

Around here Menards, Farm&Fleet are the biggest chains that carry it. You must have a TSC or other store that caters to farmers & ranchers in your area?

I get Delo 400 10w30 from the local Chevron distributor her in the Houston area.
Last time I paid ~$25 for a case of 12 qts.

Santiago

I got my 10w-30 PZ LL HDEO from the local SOPUS rep that handled my buddy's shop as an account. $36/5gal bucket. The local TSC began carrying it too in another label.

Look in the Yellow Pages for local oil distributors and if they don't have it in stock.....they can order it for you.
smile.gif

Advance Auto Parts carried 10w30 Rotella for a while, you might still be able to find some. The last time I saw 10w30 Rotella was about 3 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back