Rotella Gas Truck Oil for "Truck-only" - am I crazy?

Gave a jug of Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil to a friend and he said "various mechanics" (plural) refuse to use that oil since the oil is ONLY for trucks. I sent him various Shell posted info (including in BITOG posts) but don't believe it. I would understand if this was ONE mechanic but multiple mechanics? I understand the "failed" marketing ploy by Shell (e.g., "Gas Truck" label) but I have been using this oil in my Subaru and Acura without any issues. Am I the crazy one?? :)

If I understand correctly, T6 Multi-Vehicle is only applicable if you have multiple vehicles for your family. God forbid if you have one car are try to use a "multi-vehicle" oil for ONE car (pun intended) :)

Gave a jug of Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil to a friend and he said "various mechanics" (plural) refuse to use that oil since the oil is ONLY for trucks. I sent him various Shell posted info (including in BITOG posts) but don't believe it. I would understand if this was ONE mechanic but multiple mechanics? I understand the "failed" marketing ploy by Shell (e.g., "Gas Truck" label) but I have been using this oil in my Subaru and Acura without any issues. Am I the crazy one?? :)
You could fill an empty container of approved oil with Rotella T, et voila!

That is pretty funny!

Also, I used Pennzoil start/stop for a long trip and it didn't cause problems.
This is funnier :) I am sure Mobil 1 makes your car more mobile hence the name :)

If I understand correctly, T6 Multi-Vehicle is only applicable if you have multiple vehicles for your family. God forbid if you have one car are try to use a "multi-vehicle" oil for ONE car (pun intended) :)
You actually have to cycle that oil through multiple vehicles to use it properly.

It starts in your nicest car and you work down until it's 5 years old and in the push mower.

You actually have to cycle that oil through multiple vehicles to use it properly.

It starts in your nicest car and you work down until it's 5 years old and in the push mower.
You learn new things every day..I am buying a 5 gallon container so I can save and "reuse." Maybe my lawnmower wil clog up but I now have an execuse to buy an electric one :)

This really shows the basic knowledge of engine oil among the population. I’m not too surprised tbh
To be fair, when I first saw Rotella Gas Truck on a shelf, I just quickly read the label and assumed the oil is for larger, semi trucks (at the time the price was almost twice the price of M1, etc.). However, when I "thoroughly" read the label and certs, I realized the label is misleading - hence the product no longer selling. And this is from a guy (i.e., me) who reads BITOG posts and religiously changes oil at home. So if you have no interest (even if a "mechanic"), I can see how this label can be misleading and cause misunderstanding.

Back