RockAuto Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this.
Bought a PW regulator assembly from Rock for one of the old Accords that while brand new was also stone dead.
Emailed Rock and they emailed back a return shipping tag and also shipped the replacement part.
Good customer service is a part of Rock's business model.
Not always true for Scamazon's third party sellers.

Ebay often has great buys but at the same time you have to know what your looking for, there are more scams than good deals.
I got a $400 OE front bumper cover for one of my Pontiacs that was a factory "blem" for $99 inc shipping, no tax. The thing arrived in a tractor trailer from a GM dealer in Mi, the "blem" was just a little uncut flashing on one corner underneath, 10 min work to correct.

Quote:
...Am I being fair here? Same part, same price from both.

Imo not about fair or foul. It's about getting the part you want for the lowest price delivered when you want or need it.

I just ordered a GM ACDelco OEM part from Amazon as opposed to RA because I could get it 2 day shipped (prime) and the total price was less than RA. If RA had been significantly less and I could in an acceptable time frame (will only pay for lowest priced shipping) I'd order from them. RA usually doesn't meet those requirements for me, but I always check RA to make sure.

The one variable to note is Prime. That needs to be considered in total cost, but if one has it Amazon going to be tough to beat in many cases when it comes to shipping and total cost.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

I just ordered a GM ACDelco OEM part from Amazon as opposed to RA because I could get it 2 day shipped (prime) and the total price was less than RA. If RA had been significantly less and I could in an acceptable time frame (will only pay for lowest priced shipping) I'd order from them. RA usually doesn't meet those requirements for me, but I always check RA to make sure.

Yup they can be dog-slow on the small stuff that winds up in USPS but big stuff like radiators gets fedex ground which is pretty fast for me. So RA is good for project cars or something you're limping along and optimistic that you've got the time.

It has been a while since I have bought from RA, probably close to a year now, but I still check them when I can wait on certain things and shop around. They do have a lot of good deals on Motorcraft parts.

When shopping online though, I buy from all over. For body parts on domestic trucks, National Parts Depot (NPD) is great. They have a stockpile of aftermarket Ranger and S-Series body parts you can buy online. It's not cataloged well like their muscle car parts and full size truck parts, but is very cheap and I have had no complaints with the parts I have bought from them. Brock Supply is freaking awesome too. I love Brock Supply and have an account with them at work. Free 2 day shipping, tons of closeout parts...not so many large items like bumper covers, but tons of lamps and mirrors, and all kinds of other things like window switches and whatnot. And it's REALLY cheap. They are standard aftermarket brands, the same stuff you'd get from Keystone or whoever. They carry a lot of cheap shop/warehousing supplies too, which is awesome.

Remember Amazon's return policy vs RA too. Amazon is so easy it's crazy. I have never been hassled in the slightest. Instant refund even warranty parts are shipped before old one is sent at no cost. If there ever is a problem an email or call and it's resolved.

Last edited:
I can't stand the multiple warehouse thing. Most times I can't order what I want because the shipping get so high. I try to settle on a different brand but usually just go to Amazon. RA ships fast to me though.Usually 3 days or so.

You are not doing yourself any favors ordering online by:

1. buying under time constraints
2. not cross shopping

rock auto has always been great, the only minor exception is if you need bump stops for a 2nd gen 2wd ram, their only product is about 1/4 the correct size. Their interface let me upload a picture to show them how nuts they were, they agreed.

Last edited:
When they offer the close outs and specials for specific cars it still cost too much to order as nothing is in the same warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back