Ripped off by a body man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
So a while back I did some damage to the underside of my truck bed, even posted pics on here. Well fast forward 4 years and I was stopping at a fast food place today and some guy stoppeed me and was like hey I can fix the body damage on your truck, well I was relunctant at first, then I thought well he can't really mess it up more than it already is. Paid the guy $150.00 to pound on it with a hammer and a couple other little body work tools for 20 minutes. It went from a dent to a bunch of small dents. lol

Honestly, it looks the same to me I'm just $150 lighter in the billfold. He claimed he could get it 99 percent and I feel he stopped at about 70 percent. It was cheaper than $800 though. Lesson learned. I was even like you can't straighten out those little dents now?

Your posts keep getting worse and worse...

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
It's a well known scam. Don't fall for the guys that have 15 pairs of speakers for sale because they ordered 30 and got 30 pairs instead so now they got an extra 15 for sale. They're just junk speakers with a name similar to a famous brand but not quite. Basically don't give any money to random people you meet in a parking lot.
Or they are stolen speakers.

Right, one way or the other. I think they're referred to as the white van speaker scam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

Did homeboy just run up to your truck on foot while you were in line at the drive thru,pull a hammer out of his pocket,and go to work right then and there?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
It's a well known scam. Don't fall for the guys that have 15 pairs of speakers for sale because they ordered 30 and got 30 pairs instead so now they got an extra 15 for sale. They're just junk speakers with a name similar to a famous brand but not quite. Basically don't give any money to random people you meet in a parking lot.
Or they are stolen speakers.

Right, one way or the other. I think they're referred to as the white van speaker scam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

People actually fall for this? That's worse than the vendors at the flea market selling "Alfine" 10,000 watt per channel car stereos claiming they're "Alpine" haha

I had something similar happen to me. While driving to a family reunion, a deer ran into the side of my Honda and dented it from front panel to back door. Thankfully everything still worked so, after reporting the accident, we were able to carry on.

On our way home, we were parked in a motel parking lot. A guy in a passing half ton said he could "pull the dents out" for only $100. While I am very interested in paint-less dent removal I thought I'd rather wait until I got home.

A few weeks later I hadn't had the body fixed yet and was getting some small dents removed paint-lessly on the other side. So I told him the story.

He got out a big plunger (like a toilet plunger) and showed me what I would have gotten for my $100. If you aren't very fussy and the car was on its last legs anyway, it might have been "sort of okay for an off night". Bottom line, it was a good thing I didn't go for it. The bill for the real body work was almost $5000.

That happened to my grandpa with his Silverado. A guy approached him in the grocery store parking lot about where he scraped a pole and pushed in the bed side and cab corner. He gave him some cash and went grocery shopping.

He came out and it had about 20 holes drilled in it from where the guy hooked in a dent puller. It looked awful! The dents weren't even hardly removed it was really wavy.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Now that you have the body work done....I'll paint it for you for $200!

lol.gif

He drove a new model Camaro, so I figured he knew what he was doing. I can make it look better myself. It does look better from afar. lol

I don't get where these people find me like seriously. I always seem to get all kinds of people who walk up to me in parking lots, mainly homeless people.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I don't get where these people find me like seriously. I always seem to get all kinds of people who walk up to me in parking lots, mainly homeless people.

It gets curiouser and curiouser....

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Lol@ allowing some random dude to bang on your car with a hammer AND paying for it!

He had body tools

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
That happened to my grandpa with his Silverado. A guy approached him in the grocery store parking lot about where he scraped a pole and pushed in the bed side and cab corner. He gave him some cash and went grocery shopping.

He came out and it had about 20 holes drilled in it from where the guy hooked in a dent puller. It looked awful! The dents weren't even hardly removed it was really wavy.

I thought your grandpa had a bodyshop for decades?

Originally Posted By: Srt20
Whenever Im having a bad day, I just read one of your threads.

Thanks, you always make me laugh!

^^^ this. (the last sentence.)

some replies here --
"it gets curiouser and curiouser."
"your posts keep getting worse and worse"
"your life seems like a slow train wreck ..."
"you seem to have a black cloud constantly hanging over you"

m.o.m. -- many view your topics as entertainment. to me,in the same league as engineer20, and 'prone. and, some seem to think that your stories are hard to believe.lots of drama, for sure.
you give all in the group a lot of laughs. for that, we thank you. keep 'em coming, and have a good day.

I think most body shops with a good reputation have waiting list. I wouldn't trust anybody soliciting repair of any kind. There is a reason that guy was hustling work.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I thought your grandpa had a bodyshop for decades?
Different grandparent's.

Grandparent's on my mom's side had the Silverado. That grandma now has a 2014 Grand Caravan.

Grandparent's on my dad's side owned a body shop, they have a 2002 Trailblazer and 2011 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back