Riding Mower Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 330indy
Does anyone know of a device that allows one to easily sharpen lawnmower blades while they’re attached? Something you could swipe across the blade like a two sided stone or something abrasive? This tool would make it handy

If you are able to get under it and file it, you can take the blades off easier and just shapen them in a vise with a file, or angle grinder. Too much work to try sharpening them on the mower. I don't see how you can get a proper edge with the blade on the mower.

Last edited:
Quote:
Does anyone know of a device that allows one to easily sharpen lawnmower blades while they’re attached? Something you could swipe across the blade like a two sided stone or something abrasive? This tool would make it handy

Not much room under there. So a drill or even an
air tool would be dangerous to use in that tight
quarter.

My 2¢

Can't be that hard to remove. I would want to make sure it's balanced when done too, can't do that on the mower.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig

A file.

Too big

Originally Posted By: Lubener

Can't be that hard to remove. I would want to make sure it's balanced when done too, can't do that on the mower.

Keep an extra set of sharpened blades and swap as needed.

Look at the deck. More casters and heavier gauge steel on the deck is the mower to buy. 9/10 times the deck is the first thing to give it up on a homeowner
grade mower.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: Lubener

Keep an extra set of sharpened blades and swap as needed.

That's what i do. Take them off, put on the sharp ones. On a rainy day, nothing to do, sharpen them in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back