Richard Tandy dies at 76.

Maybe just me, up to long, working overnights and caffeine. May he rest in peace.

I read the thread title and first post. Richard Tandy dies and they just announced their final over and out tour. Yup :oops:

Yeah, most people listened to bands who’s members were anything from 5 to 15 years older than the 15-18 year olds. The math quickly catches up when you are 50-60 years old. Sad, but keep a stiff upper lip and keep breathing. :cool:

Over and Out.

Last edited:
At first I thought he was involved with Tandy Computers, too. My family was a Macintosh family, so I never owned one. I like ELO, but aside from Jeff Lynne, I didn’t know any other band members’ names. I have most of their records, doubles of a few that were inherited, and a greatest hits CD. At 41, I’m probably one of their younger listeners. I’m realizing most of the musicians I prefer to listen to are no longer amongst the living.

At first I thought he was involved with Tandy Computers, too. My family was a Macintosh family, so I never owned one. I like ELO, but aside from Jeff Lynne, I didn’t know any other band members’ names. I have most of their records, doubles of a few that were inherited, and a greatest hits CD. At 41, I’m probably one of their younger listeners. I’m realizing most of the musicians I prefer to listen to are no longer amongst the living.

You’d be surprised at how many younger listeners there are. I think Guardians of the Galaxy introduced all sorts of 70s era music to newer listeners.

But yeah. RIP.

Man i hate this, ELO just announced their final Over and Out Tour. I have tickets for later this year. I was looking forward to seeing him with Jeff Lynn.
He died May 1st.
Wow Pinder from The Moody Blues and now Tandy. They played so many of the memorable keyboard arrangements of our lives.

Rick Wakeman of YES is still on our beautiful green and blue orb. Little known, he arranged and played Keyboard on Cat Steven's Morning has Broken. He also plays on Bowie's Space Oddity. If you think of it for a couple seconds you will recognise his playing style.

We still have the music.

A lot of keyboards on this ELO top composition. (note: I now recognise a lot of ELO choral background fills on their early works may be Mellotron (keyboard) sample tapes.

Last edited:
Back