Review: Pull It Out Concrete Oil Stain Remover

I spilled some oil onto my driveway and needed to remove it.

Product:
IMG_6084.jpeg

Prior to application I did scrub the area with ZEP Purple degreaser, but this resulted in a minimal improvement. This is a very thick product:
IMG_6085.jpeg

After 8 hours:
IMG_6088.jpeg

I’ll let it sit for a full 24 hr before removing and reporting back with final results.

I spilled some oil onto my driveway and needed to remove it.

Product:
View attachment 184440

Prior to application I did scrub the area with ZEP Purple degreaser, but this resulted in a minimal improvement. This is a very thick product:
View attachment 184441

After 8 hours:
View attachment 184442

I’ll let it sit for a full 24 hr before removing and reporting back with final results.
Have you tried pour n restore? It really works. For many of the thicker concrete cleaners you're supposed to take a wide putty knife and spread it thin about an inch or two past the stain. This stuff usually shrinks as it dries.

I always used kitty litter and ground it in with my feet, left it there, and by the time the wind blew the kitty litter away, the stain was gone.

I think rain probably helped, too.

This product might be useful for a spill inside a garage or in a place where it rarely rains.

Followed a similar path with Zep purple, so watching with interest. $18 bucks doesn't seem like too much of a risk.

But with my six-month old stain, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Slab needs to be replace anyway.

I’ve used that stuff. It worked very well on my driveway. When you brush it off it disappears into a fine white dust.

Do you think this would make a good engine cleaner, instead of Archoil or HPL?

(jk)

Mike - does it say it will remove all types of oils?

I got a little nuts with TUNG OIL on my cedar over concrete gate/fence. It actually is getting better with age, but still.

That looks a lot like the Goof Off product. It worked well on a fresh oil spill about 8" in diameter, followed up by scrubbing some full strength Dawn dishwashing soap on the remaining stain and rinsing off. It was absolutely worthless on a old oil stain that was in the garage when I moved in. I'm convinced that nothing works on those. The trick is blotting as much oil up as possible and then using a product to get the rest before it has time to soak in and "take a set".

I sprinkle the clay stuff on the stain, grind it in with a piece of particle board until it's a fine powder and let it sit. I don't usually have to sweep it up as the wind blows it away.

It does leave a whiter than concrete spot that eventually washes out IF it rains hard enough.

Back