Returned a broken Craftsman ratchet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I bought a Maglite at Walmart for Christmas. *Shock* it was on rollback. And *shock* it was made in the United States.

Maglite, I have two of them, won't buy anything else, and US made. What's not to like?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: PRND3L
I do believe HF sells some USA made products:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2111880&page=all

Short list! But at least there are a couple of items (lubes and air hoses).

Happy to report they have US made Goop products too. Just used the orange goop "with fine American pumice" to clean up some greasy tool handles. Worked great!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
I bought a Maglite at Walmart for Christmas. *Shock* it was on rollback. And *shock* it was made in the United States.

Maglite, I have two of them, won't buy anything else, and US made. What's not to like?

Nothing...I'm just saying that Walmart seems to be the whipping boy for Chinese-made products, but you can often find some good US-made products in there. Maglite is a good example.

I don't know that I would go as far as say often, but yes you can find US products there and at other stores. Just have to hunt them down. That being said Walmart is king in China.

I feel that Sears should expand their Craftsman line of tools into more stores. Make Craftsman it's own brand and instead of a line primarily found at Sears stores. I know they have done this some with Summit Racing and Ace Hardware caring Craftsman. It's obvious Sears needs cash flow and this could potentially generate a good deal of cash without Sears having to spend much if any of their current cash.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
I feel that Sears should expand their Craftsman line of tools into more stores. Make Craftsman it's own brand and instead of a line primarily found at Sears stores. I know they have done this some with Summit Racing and Ace Hardware caring Craftsman. It's obvious Sears needs cash flow and this could potentially generate a good deal of cash without Sears having to spend much if any of their current cash.

Could you imagine if they had a Tool Truck like Snap-on and Matco etc??? They would be a force to recon with that's for sure!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Could you imagine if they had a Tool Truck like Snap-on and Matco etc??? They would be a force to recon with that's for sure!

What's puzzling to me is why they never did this a long time ago?

Originally Posted By: tig1

I prefer Surefire lights myself.

in 1972 i bought a sears 1/2" reversible drill. used it for taking out head bolts, running 440 oil pumps. hasnt been used much lately. best $20. i have spent.

I have a bunch of Craftsman tools as well as HF ones. To be honest though, the tool set I use the most is my Metrinch set that I bought online back in the 90's after seeing the infomercial on TV. I think back then they were German made but am not sure. The only thing that has broken on the Metrinch set is one socket that I was using with a breaker bar on a rusted in bolt that also broke some craftsman sockets. They also have a lifetime warranty but you have to send in the broken part and wait to get the new one. That is the only downfall. I use this set 95% of the time when working on stuff and I use it a lot.

The quality of many things these days are not what they used to be. A result of our throw away society.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back