Removal of old Linoleum

Looking at purchasing a camp and upon crawling under it, the pine plank floor is mint. Not sign of water damage except stains around the woodstove area where the chimny leaked at one point.

There is a typical acrid odor of the decomposing linoliuem, it's like an sour pine pitch / plastic tarp smell and it is coming from the vintage rolled linoliuem.

My question is, because this is a rolled floor and not the glue down tiles, would there be any concern with asbestos? If so as long as I do not crack it, would it be safe to remove it?
0702230956.jpg
0702230955a.jpg

Play it safe!

Assume that it is Asbestos and ware a mask / ventilator at all times .

If you choose to use an electric fan and place it in a window or doorway blowing the inside air out, (asbestos particles etc.)

I worked for a Telephone company in Connecticut and most of the older buildings had Asbestos in the floor coverings, and I/we had to go to classes on the proper procedures while working with Asbestos in the Central Offices

TOMB aka
Convert

Last edited:
Play it safe!

Assume that it is Asbestos and ware a mask / ventilator at all times .

If you choose to use an electric fan and place it in a window or doorway blowing the inside air out, (asbestos particles etc.)

TOMB aka
Convert
If unsure take a core sample and send it in. I purchased a kit from Home depot for $8 or $10 and sent in a sample of the popcorn ceiling in my house. Some older homes had asbestos in the popcorn mine didn't.

Back