Reliability of European Makes and cars in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Originally Posted by Trav
Yes it is AKA as the Opel Speedster. Fun car to drive for sure but too expensive for most that liked it so they built the Opel GT which became the Saturn Sky and the Vauxall clone became the Pontiac Solstice. Opel was working on a couple of new GT concepts before they were taken over by PSA, no idea what happened to it.

Yeah, the Sky/Solstice were seemingly steps backwards from the VX220/Speedster, but probably easier to live with.

That burgundy GT concept is just beautiful. It must have been a late stage exercise and be relatively recent as it appears to have some trace of the forward hump for compliance w/ pedestrian impact rules and the headlights are at a compliant height. I'll look it up. Too bad, that is a pretty coupe.

GM always seem to drop the ball when just a little more work would have knocked it out of the park. The Sky/Solstice could have been a really nice coupe with a better developed performance engine and a little more refinement.
The speedster was a much more capable car. I understand they had the new GT built and road testing it without the zebra pattern, so yes my guess it was ready for full production.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Yes it is AKA as the Opel Speedster. Fun car to drive for sure but too expensive for most that liked it so they built the Opel GT which became the Saturn Sky and the Vauxall clone became the Pontiac Solstice. Opel was working on a couple of new GT concepts before they were taken over by PSA, no idea what happened to it.

Yeah, the Sky/Solstice were seemingly steps backwards from the VX220/Speedster, but probably easier to live with.

That burgundy GT concept is just beautiful. It must have been a late stage exercise and be relatively recent as it appears to have some trace of the forward hump for compliance w/ pedestrian impact rules and the headlights are at a compliant height. I'll look it up. Too bad, that is a pretty coupe.

GM always seem to drop the ball when just a little more work would have knocked it out of the park. The Sky/Solstice could have been a really nice coupe with a better developed performance engine and a little more refinement.
The speedster was a much more capable car. I understand they had the new GT built and road testing it without the zebra pattern, so yes my guess it was ready for full production.

Remember Opel Calibra Turbo? Holy moly. 1991 with drag coefficient of 0.26! 204hp from 2.0T and 250nm, which would be competitive today. Until you needed to step on the brake and you figured out GM cheapened out on that, and then few years later you suddenly realize your car is faster than before due to rust and exceptional weight shedding due to that.

I remember it well along with the little Tigra, the Monza and the Mantra. The Monza with a 3.0 FI was a nice car but it had a lot of shortcomings also inc brakes.
The move to PSA may be a great thing, the Citroens have some great style and mechanicals.
I can see them building the new GT and the new Monza Coupe, they fall right in line with Citroen styling.

280px-Opel_Monza_Concept_(9820802893).jpg

I remember it well along with the little Tigra, the Monza and the Mantra. The Monza with a 3.0 FI was a nice car but it had a lot of shortcomings also inc brakes.
The move to PSA may be a great thing, the Citroens have some great style and mechanicals.
I can see them building the new GT and the new Monza Coupe, they fall right in line with Citroen styling.

I can see that too. Unlike in GM, accountants do not develop cars at PSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back