Regarding EGR valve setup, will this work

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have an idea:

1) JB Weld, fitting to fitting. I can place on both, so that it os on there however fragile, issue is the heat of the exhaust gases
2) See is the store can take that fitting stuck on ther off somehow (?)
3) Go to hardware store and get a clasp, vacuum rectreated, problem solved, make two clasps as tight as i can

. pipe recreated

will this work?

84 camaro 2.8 passenger side

change of plans, i may visit the hardware store. there is a fitting stuck to the EGR if it comes off i may be home free in joining the pipes.

Originally Posted By: slammds15
Huh?

alright, i am looking into mobile mechanics

please allow me to attempt to explain. I have an exhaust gas recirculation valve off the car, it was taped on when i bought it. in inspecting the car, we noticed it and now it has a large vacuum leak, the engine smokes and runs roung with it off.

i am attempting to find ways to reattach this pipe and get the vacuum back im sure it will run great after this and i wont jeopardize the engine any more i think its taken enough of a beating from the time i drive with it off or loose, so im pursuing a mobile mechanic

at this time the EGR valve seems to have a fitting stuck on o it and that i likely why i couldnt reattach it myself, im still not sure what to do, and i have read about how important it is. if i catch it in time and DONT run the car anymore im sure it will be ok, it wont even start up right without this major vacuum hose hooked up right.

vehicle is 1984 chevrolet camaro, 2.8L auto and its the passenger side pipe coming from three joined pipes, from exhaust header Up to the EGR valve which was apart from the pipe causing leak, i now have it in my hand and then it goes up to breather hoses

im thinking a mechanic will know how to properly reattach it.

Originally Posted By: SuperFast

alright, i am looking into mobile mechanics

sounds like a wise idea. thought you lived in Kalifornia not Alabama though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back