Redpocket Verizon Review

My daughter got her first cell phone plan/smartphone(iPhone SE2) and I picked Redpocket mobile based on pricing and she would eat our limited Verizon data alive.

Review:
* The download speeds are similar to Verizon(my plan) in our locales. I did a speed test at our ski home near an ugly tree cell tower and it achieved 100Mbps download 40 up on Redpocket same as Verizon. The network actually shows Verizon on phone.
* The setup was a slight bit of work and required using the instant chat service for over 40 mins to get the calling working. Turn off VoLTE in iPhone settings was ticket after they recommended all sorts of things. They were pleasant though as can be for chat
* Enabling the wifi hotspot required another 30min chat session , you can only do this by chatting or calling them.
* I notice already since xmas morning 3 spam texts, Verizon I have never gotten this.

My daughter is elated, she has ability to text friends (non apple) and can play her poke mon go. Also some independence because previously her mother would not let her go places without the phone/finder in hand.

I plan on purchasing the a 365 day plan with 20GB per month.

Redpocket is awesome. I have my wife on Redpocket Verizon annual plan (comes out to $18/mo) unlimited talk and text with 8GB data and my daughter on the annual plan with 1000min unlim text and 1GB (comes out to $8/mo) although hers is on AT&T since it's easier to get unlocked GSM phones vs CDMA. Also have my father in law on a redpocket verizon plan as well but not an annual plan yet. Nothing but good things so far from this company. I have a work cell phone that is paid for so paying roughly $26 a month for wife and daughter phone service is a steal. I feel bad for people with triple digit cell phone bills.

We have used Redpocket for the last 5+ years. Ive been using cell phones for the last 22 years.
Its every bit as good as any service. We do a family plan with them using ATT service (ATT my favorite but with Redpocket you can choose your favorite)
Anyway, our family plan, monthly autopay in ACTUAL PAYMENT is $70.27 for all three lines, unlimited everything, never an overcharge and 8Gb of high speed data per line. Plus great ATT service.

We have used Redpocket for the last 5+ years. Ive been using cell phones for the last 22 years.
Its every bit as good as any service. We do a family plan with them using ATT service (ATT my favorite but with Redpocket you can choose your favorite)
Anyway, our family plan, monthly autopay in ACTUAL PAYMENT is $70.27 for all three lines, unlimited everything, never an overcharge and 8Gb of high speed data per line. Plus great ATT service.
If you did annual plans that could be $54/mo Yes it's a little more work since you have to buy three new keys once a year but it's some nice savings.

Is Ebay the only place to purchase this and do you have to change sim cards ?
https://www.redpocket.com is their website, full of information.

They also sell annual plans on eBay. We, use a family plan with auto debit just like any other cell phone company. Actual payment of $70 and some cents every month for 3 lines, unlimited everything and 8 Gb of high speed data per line with ATT service, important to know you get the same fast ATT speeds as you would with ATT directly. (HA! I just checked the website on my own post, I see they once again increased my high speed data, now its 10gb per month per line) I or anyone in my family never gets close to using that much. Heck, we used to be ok with 5 Gb. It keeps going up while the price stays the same or lower.

This is not true of other resellers like Walmart plans (expensive now) which give you dumbed down service.
This is also not sure of ATT or Verizons own no contract plans which both you you "dumbed down service"
As far as dumbed down service, chances are you would not notice but I wanted to point that out because some in here do get upset about it.

This is also not sure of ATT or Verizons own no contract plans which both you you "dumbed down service"

Could you translate this please? What is the RP vs Major advantage aside for the monthly cost? I wasn't aware of any advantages in the service.

I just changed my wife and my phone to att 5gb high speed data unlimited text talk data both lines $54 with tax. And if I have trouble I just walk into an att store.

Reactions: Y_K
Could you translate this please? What is the RP vs Major advantage aside for the monthly cost? I wasn't aware of any advantages in the service.
Well besides the typo's in that last post.
Here is my answer to your question;
I do not know if Verizon and ATT dumb down their no contract phone service as far as speed.

With that above answer to your question, I do not recall saying major advantage besides cost, though, not sure why one would like to pay much more for the same service, its all good though, we spend on what makes us happy.

This is what I posted "
This is not true of other resellers like Walmart plans (expensive now) which give you dumbed down service.
As far as dumbed down service, chances are you would not notice but I wanted to point that out because some in here do get upset about it."

^^
Maybe this will clarify. Many no contract phone plans, like I pointed out (with typo's above) give you reduced, sometimes greatly reduced data speeds, however, on your typical cell phone it will not matter and you most likely wouldn't know the difference. But with Red Pocket (at least with Red Pockets ATT service which I have) you do not get reduced speeds, I could care less but it does bother some in here about no contract lower cost plans so I was just pointing out you get full speed if the no contract plan is through Red Pocket at least right now.

I mean come on (to everyone) there are not many places on Planet Earth where you are going to get a family plan = 3 lines of unlimited cell, data and text with 30gb of high speed data (10 per line) for the actual monthly auto debit payment of $70. and a few cents per month, no contract.
Plus add on even more lines at $20 per month actual payment.

(and as others who posted in here, you can buy annual plans at even lower cost)
BTW, as stated we have 3 lines with RP I just bought my wife a new iPhone 11 from Apple and replaced her old phone. The transition was flawless using the same phone number to the new phone. RP has come a long way, I used to only recommend it to more tech savvy people, but at least with the iPhones they got it "down" perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Y_K
still good priced plans on their e-bay store for everything but GSM sims out of stock!!

to clarify above the cheap $5 + $10 GSM sims i was interested are sold out. as i use my phone very little but wanted some data for cheep as well. other plans still there on E-Bay. when you multiply a little saving by 12 months it adds up!

I had good luck with Red Pocket Verizon but recently switched to Visible (owned by Verizon) because it’s even cheaper if you are a heavy data user. $25/month for unlimited everything including tethering.

I had good luck with Red Pocket Verizon but recently switched to Visible (owned by Verizon) because it’s even cheaper if you are a heavy data user. $25/month for unlimited everything including tethering.
They don't slow you down to 3 or 2G after certain amount of data? $25 unlimited everything seems too good to be true

Reactions: JTK
They don't slow you down to 3 or 2G after certain amount of data? $25 unlimited everything seems too good to be true

I've been rocking Cricket's $100/mo for 4 lines of unlimited everything for 3-4 years now. They do slow down your data once you exceed what ever the cap is, but none of us ever hit it or notice it. It's a true $100/mo too. Nothing more. Our phones work off AT&Ts towers. Where we live, we don't notice a difference between AT&T and verizon coverage.

If cricket's cost goes up, I'd jump to something like this Redpocket no problem.

According to Visible, your speeds may be slowed during times of high network congestion and 5G tethering is limited to 200mbps and 4G LTE tethering is supposed to be limited to 5mbps but I routinely push well over 40mbps when tethering on 4G. There is no high-speed data cap unlike other “unlimited plans”.

For clarity purposes, visible is $25 a month only if you connect four lines. For one line it’s $40 a month.
With red pocket we use a ATT, granted you get 10 GB of high-speed per line instead of unlimited though none of us ever needed more, unlimited low speed, tethering, unlimited text and talk, and the full speed of the network.
Meaning you’re not limited in speed like with straight talk, visible I think you get full speed too.
We pay actual cost, $70 a month for 3 lines on the red pocket service. One line would be 30 and each additional line is 20. Visabke would be $90, again if you choose ATT.

Attachments

• B9EEBCA1-720B-487A-92BC-5202E33BDD44.jpg
    B9EEBCA1-720B-487A-92BC-5202E33BDD44.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
All these prices you guys are reporting are for having multiple lines. Of course they are going to work out to be $20-30/month for unlim everything. Still think I have it better for the wife's annual plan with unlim talk/text and 8GB data for $17/month on Verizon towers.

All these prices you guys are reporting are for having multiple lines. Of course they are going to work out to be $20-30/month for unlim everything. Still think I have it better for the wife's annual plan with unlim talk/text and 8GB data for $17/month on Verizon towers.
Repocket with ATT is $30 a month for one line, actual payment, unlimited everything with 10GB high speed per line. Not that it matters much on a cell phone but you also get the full network speeds I posted above this post and not slowed down with some services such as straight talk.
IF you want additional lines they are only $20. a month. All this info is available on the services websites.

Yes, like you do, with RedPocket you can buy annual service at even more savings if you want too. I just like the monthly service with autopay Im not tied down and willing to pay for it. Either way I think we can agree, Redpocket is a great service, we haven't had a hiccup in all the years we have been using them now. (I'm also partial to ATT, no specific reason, always just worked well for us)

Last edited:
Back