Redline oil moves operations to Texas & Tennessee

Just confirmed Redline Oil, which was based in Benicia California since 1996 has ceased operations there, and moved it to Tennessee. Their website lists Texas for headquarters so must be a Phillips 66 facility and blending/packaging In Tennessee. Kinda glad to see they moved out of Cali, but sad to see Dave retired.

Wow, end of an era for RL. Indeed a quick search of the Texas address is the Phillips 66 building and their distribution center for web orders now appears to be Hoerr Racing Products (HRP) in Illinois.

Been a user for nearly 30 years and always liked buying from the little guy. Might be time to look at making the switch to HPL.

Just confirmed Redline Oil, which was based in Benicia California since 1996 has ceased operations there, and moved it to Tennessee. Their website lists Texas for headquarters so must be a Phillips 66 facility and blending/packaging In Tennessee. Kinda glad to see they moved out of Cali, but sad to see Dave retired.
Hats off to Dave for providing outstanding customer service all these years. (Assuming he reads this).

Wow, end of an era for RL. Indeed a quick search of the Texas address is the Phillips 66 building and their distribution center for web orders now appears to be Hoerr Racing Products (HRP) in Illinois.

Been a user for nearly 30 years and always liked buying from the little guy. Might be time to look at making the switch to HPL.
Did Phillips 66 buy out Red Line? It will most likely be the same formula shouldn't it. Many large breweries will brew and or package for smaller companies.

Is the Tennessee facility the former Spectrum Lubricants plant in Selmer?

Did Phillips 66 buy out Red Line? It will most likely be the same formula shouldn't it. Many large breweries will brew and or package for smaller companies.
Yes a couple of years ago. RL has three lines. The "Professional Series" line is Phillips product. The High Performance and Racing line are RL product.

People not following the move means that most likely they are not glad the company had to move.

People not following the move means that most likely they are not glad the company had to move.
I'd bet more on the very slightly different cultures between San Francisco, CA and TN/TX weighting that decision more.

Never really realised Redline was a small company, but only ever really used things other than engine oil from them.

Is the Tennessee facility the former Spectrum Lubricants plant in Selmer?
The guy I spoke with who replaced Dave didn’t get too specific. Just stated that the Benecia California plant had shut down, and all operations for that aspect of the company are now in full swing somewhere in Tennessee.

I'd bet more on the very slightly different cultures between San Francisco, CA and TN/TX weighting that decision more.

Never really realised Redline was a small company, but only ever really used things other than engine oil from them.
Agree! If anything I only see their operation growing. They’ve been owned by Phillips 66 for a long time now, and produce some great products. I don’t use their engine oil, but their gear lubes are proven and I’ve had great luck with them.

Let's not go there. Absolutely correct.

Agree! If anything I only see their operation growing. They’ve been owned by Phillips 66 for a long time now, and produce some great products. I don’t use their engine oil, but their gear lubes are proven and I’ve had great luck with them.
I just did a big hire for a large organization. 60-70% of applicants are from the Southeast.
They have not been owned by Phillips66 for a long time. Phillips66 only introduced their rebadged oils as a professional series. What will happen next, will see. But, don;t hold your breath that this will be same company as before. This is pure cost-cutting, nothing else.

I just did a big hire for a large organization. 60-70% of applicants are from the Southeast.
They have not been owned by Phillips66 for a long time. Phillips66 only introduced their rebadged oils as a professional series. What will happen next, will see. But, don;t hold your breath that this will be same company as before. This is pure cost-cutting, nothing else.
I’ve been told they were owned by Phillips 66. They haven’t been a private company for many years. Maybe post who owns them if you are aware.

I tend to disagree with this theory that all companies somehow cheapen their product, or completely change it when operations are moved or mergers happen. Does it happen….sure, but it’s not guaranteed. Suppose the only way to know is test said product after some time has passed if you are so inclined. If it in fact changes I’ll be the first to switch. I have zero allegiance to them. Really did enjoy Dave’s being there for so many years however.

End of an era. Dave was the guy you could call and ask him how much of xyz was in their oil and he would tell you LMAO. Unheard of. Oh well nothing lasts forever.

Foxtrot alluded to many P66 guys who have a passion for oil/racing now work for Red Line. They also now have access to P66's testing facilities. So who knows.....time will tell.

If Red Line is not profitable enough, I could see things changing.

I’ve been told they were owned by Phillips 66. They haven’t been a private company for many years. Maybe post who owns them if you are aware.

I tend to disagree with this theory that all companies somehow cheapen their product, or completely change it when operations are moved or mergers happen. Does it happen….sure, but it’s not guaranteed. Suppose the only way to know is test said product after some time has passed if you are so inclined. If it in fact changes I’ll be the first to switch. I have zero allegiance to them. Really did enjoy Dave’s being there for so many years however.
They bought the brand! That is it. Kendall is a minor player compared to Mobil1, Pennzoil, and Castrol. They want to sell. They have been in the hands of Phillips66 for some 8yrs, deal was announced in 2014.
The fact they are moving it means they are trying to penny pinch on production and they are perfectly fine losing people that have been there for a loooong time.
It might not happen, but it happens far more often than not.

End of an era. Dave was the guy you could call and ask him how much of xyz was in their oil and he would tell you LMAO. Unheard of. Oh well nothing lasts forever.

Foxtrot alluded to many P66 guys who have a passion for oil/racing now work for Red Line. They also now have access to P66's testing facilities. So who knows.....time will tell.

If Red Line is not profitable enough, I could see things changing.
Probably they were, but then, bean counters took spread sheet and realized they can make few more $ if they do xyz.

They bought the brand! That is it. Kendall is a minor player compared to Mobil1, Pennzoil, and Castrol. They want to sell. They have been in the hands of Phillips66 for some 8yrs, deal was announced in 2014.
The fact they are moving it means they are trying to penny pinch on production and they are perfectly fine losing people that have been there for a loooong time.
It might not happen, but it happens far more often than not.
Thanks for the clarification. I’d say I disagree with you that they are “trying to penny pinch on production” when they are in fact leaving the failed state of California(high operational costs/restrictions) . Again, a lot of assumptions. None of use have heard the facts/motivations, so it’s in fact impossible to know.

Back