Redline Non Slip CVT Fluid

Voa sample here it is!

If the picture is hard to ready I will type up the data tonight. Thanks and have a great day everyone.
Screenshot_20220707-092857~3.jpg
20220630_120811_HDR.jpg
20220630_120752_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they consider extending the service even on the red line to 30,000 miles. I will probably just change it every other oil change

Well the Honda oe is over $15 a quart, the Castrol CVT fluid is on Amazon for $77 for a six pack. I posted when I first bought this stuff that I got it for $13.95 a quart. A significantly better fluid. Many have told me that I'll notice a big improvement but I was changing my fluid anyways every 10 or 20,000 miles.

Well the Honda oe is over $15 a quart, the Castrol CVT fluid is on Amazon for $77 for a six pack. I posted when I first bought this stuff that I got it for $13.95 a quart. A significantly better fluid. Many have told me that I'll notice a big improvement but I was changing my fluid anyways every 10 or 20,000 miles.
Changing every 20,000 miles is good enough, except that you have 80% stop and go traffic every day.

I can understand that. I switched to Amsoil cvt (as you’ve seen) and will run that the life of the car with around 30Kish drain and fill intervals.
Only 63K on the car now but hoping to get 300K plus

i changed ALL my drivetrain lubes in my 30 thou 2011 Frontier to Redline products + see about 3 mpg improvement going from 16 to 19 is worthwhile IMO + will prolly make everything last longer. real synthetics are surely better its just if its worth the xtra $$$ for you!! my 2001 jetta O2J 5 spd manual of course shifter poorly from new but Redlines MT90 fixed that + my replacement a 2001 TT 225Q 6 spd manual also gets it!!

Yeah I'm changing the filter that connects to the warmer too. I might undo the bolts underneath and replace gasket and plastic filter inside too.

I have a 2012 Prius V and from all accounts-the equivalent of Toyota WS atf is recommended, which would be Redline D6, which I have in my transmission now. Curious that Redline also recommended this non slip CVT fluid for the car as a secondary recommendation. Checked with Dave and he confirmed it.

“The Prius has an e-CVT, i.e. an electrical CVT. The concept is the same as a classical mechanical CVT, in the sense that it gives a continuous variable transmission from engine to the wheels. However, the implementation is completely different. Instead of using a friction belt, it uses two electric motors and a differential gear.”

Was curious if the cvt fluid would be suitable for the vehicle… Redline’s recommendation was the first time I have seen the recommendation for cvt fluid as well as the standard low viscosity atf.

I have a 2012 Prius V and from all accounts-the equivalent of Toyota WS atf is recommended, which would be Redline D6, which I have in my transmission now. Curious that Redline also recommended this non slip CVT fluid for the car as a secondary recommendation. Checked with Dave and he confirmed it.

“The Prius has an e-CVT, i.e. an electrical CVT. The concept is the same as a classical mechanical CVT, in the sense that it gives a continuous variable transmission from engine to the wheels. However, the implementation is completely different. Instead of using a friction belt, it uses two electric motors and a differential gear.”

Was curious if the cvt fluid would be suitable for the vehicle… Redline’s recommendation was the first time I have seen the recommendation for cvt fluid as well as the standard low viscosity atf.
Castrol has a universal atf/cvt fluid in gallons at Walmart. I called Castrol and they didn't want me mixing the Transmax CVT with their new fluid but I think the data sheet was fairly close between the two. Now that Castrol got stupid on their price for cvt fluid, I was able to get Redline for cheaper and bought a ton of it.

Castrol has a universal atf/cvt fluid in gallons at Walmart. I called Castrol and they didn't want me mixing the Transmax CVT with their new fluid but I think the data sheet was fairly close between the two. Now that Castrol got stupid on their price for cvt fluid, I was able to get Redline for cheaper and bought a ton of it.
They told me the same thing when I emailed them asking if I could use the universal fluid in place of the cvt fluid. They didn’t want me mixing them, which I wasn’t. I was going to do a 3X drain and fill like I did with the cvt fluid.

But I ultimately decided to just stay with the Castrol cvt fluid. It’s every 30K miles and every 2-3 years. No biggie

Prius “CVT” should use WS, not CVT fluid.

The transaxle on those are bulletproof and are unlikely to be a reliability issue…even if you never replaced the fluid.

Back