Red Line 5w20 VOA

buster
you're putting in overtime for all this work?? Thanks man.

That RL is loaded! geeez!

Why the current (re) interest in redline? In the past you discarded them as an old school additive pack. Any memories of your TEOST debacle?

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Why the current (re) interest in redline? In the past you discarded them as an old school additive pack. Any memories of your TEOST debacle?

I did and was wrong. It turned out the TEOST really isn't that good of a test in regards to real world application. I'm not 100% convinced Red Line is the best choice for a modern GDI engine (although highly debatable). The high ester base may not make it good for really long drains in certain applications though.

Originally Posted by buster

I did and was wrong. It turned out the TEOST really isn't that good of a test in regards to real world application. I'm not 100% convinced Red Line is the best choice for a modern GDI engine (although highly debatable). The high ester base may not make it good for really long drains in certain applications though.

I am giving the Redline Euro 5w-30 a try a couple of times in my Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T. That mix has lower CA and the Ester combo should be an ok ant-LSPI for me. I dump at 3,000 miles anyway. I bought it on sale at Jegs for $9.28 if I remember right. I have to wait 2 weeks+ since they don't stock it and it is added to their normal skid order.

Nice. I have a VOA of that as well LOL. Let me find it.

Originally Posted by Mainia

I am giving the Redline Euro 5w-30 a try a couple of times in my Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T. That mix has lower CA and the Ester combo should be an ok ant-LSPI for me. I dump at 3,000 miles anyway. I bought it on sale at Jegs for $9.28 if I remember right. I have to wait 2 weeks+ since they don't stock it and it is added to their normal skid order.

Good price for Redline
thumbsup2.gif

vis@40C 52.18
@100C 8.75
VI 146
HT/HS 2.67
SA 1.12
Noack 5.5%

Moly - 524
P - 1186
Zn 1072
B - 92
Ca 2,880
Oxidation - 91

Thank you.
I always looked forward to reading buster posts,
especially buster en espanol. lol.

There has to be some sulfated ash, with this level of beefiness.
I see a spectacularly good thin oil.
My prediction is zero problems with startup in Canadian winters.
What sticks out is the HTHS of 2.67.
I would expect ~2.9.

Originally Posted by bulwnkl
Is this 5w20 VOA also a Russian Oil Club forum VOA? When was it run?

Yes. It was a sample from 2014 I believe. I should have included that.
33.gif

Red Line's website states the HT/HS of the 5W20 as 3.0.

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
vis@40C 52.18
@100C 8.75
VI 146
HT/HS 2.67
SA 1.12
Noack 5.5%

Moly - 524
P - 1186
Zn 1072
B - 92
Ca 2,880
Oxidation - 91

Thank you.
I always looked forward to reading buster posts,
especially buster en espanol. lol.

There has to be some sulfated ash, with this level of beefiness.
I see a spectacularly good thin oil.
My prediction is zero problems with startup in Canadian winters.
What sticks out is the HTHS of 2.67.
I would expect ~2.9.

looks good for a thinee, BUT being a thickee its a 10-Wxx at least, my lo mile but loose 2001 1.8T Audi TT gets either 15-40 + or 15-50 Redline + uses less + shows 25lb on the boost-vac gauge i put in, only a 4.25 qt sump!!

Back