Recommendations on handheld vac. fluid extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
Research time. Yes, I'm OCD deliberate about making correct choices for the $. Its a weakness.

Yes indeed, any other weaknesses that you have?

plenty, plenty.................

Any examples?
smile.gif

only Vikings fan in Mississippi (prolly)

first thought in my brain after getting up is work
last thought in my brain b4 sleep is work

spent an entire Saturday on Amazon trying to find best toilet seat for the money

spent 14 months (yes 14) trying to find the perfect car

change HVAC filters every 3 weeks on saturday afternoon....

took 5 months to find my daughter's ride and finally flew to Akron to buy it...2x from same dealership.

I'm broken

That's a pretty good list. What kind of work do you do? What kind of car for the daughter and where did you buy it? I'm pretty close to Akron!

I teach Anatomy and Physiology at a local h/s, used to coach too.

I drive a Lexus IS250 my daughter drives a Lexus RX hybrid..got 'em both at Lexus of Akron Canton.

Her current car was originally from Tallmadge and her old RX (one she crashed) was from New Philly. If it weren't so friggin cold, I'd move to the Akron area when I retire.

If it weren't so friggin cold, I'd move to the Akron area when I retire.

The area has very nice summers for the most part. Last two winters were pretty mild. Why would you want to move there for retirement? That's probably one of the last places I would want to retire to, j/k. I guess it's not that bad.

Unless you have some physical disability that precludes your laying on your back, what's wrong with using the drain plug?
If you're going to change the ATF fluid, removing the pan and changing the filter is always a good idea. Cleaning the debris out of the pan is as well. You can also buy an aftermarket pan with a drain plug or install one yourself on the original pan to make for easy drain and fills.
Just me wondering why you'd be looking for a solution to what doesn't appear to be a problem.

Research time. Yes, I'm OCD deliberate about making correct choices for the $. Its a weakness.

The $20 electric ones look like the best choice seeing how much cheaper they are. They look like they take a little longer but I think they save you time by putting the used oil straight into the disposal container.

And you can probably change the filter while it's doing it's thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back