Reciprocating saw that uses jigsaw blades?

JHZR2

Staff member
In anticipation that I’m going to have to cut through a nut and bolt that are only accessible through the tiniest of small slots, I’m trying to find a reciprocating style saw. I need it to be able to do a stab type action and is small enough that it can take jigsaw blades instead of the regular sawzall style blades.

I will not be able to fit any blades larger than a metal jigsaw blade for this cut. A manual hacksaw blade may work, but it will be an excruciating process.

I found a picture online of kind of what I’m thinking, which is called a body saw. However, it takes some odd type of blade, not a jigsaw blade, which I am more familiar. The one I found is here:

That’s the style or form factor that I’m looking for because there’s not a lot of space to work, but that specific model is very low powered, and I’m not sure if it would work.

So can anyone put me in the right direction of something that looks sort of like that tool but it takes jigsaw blades and can make a cut in a very small close quarters?

IMG_4522.jpeg

What about an oscillating multi-tool?

Pretty serious looking blade:

What about an oscillating multi-tool?

Pretty serious looking blade:
I have one. I think it will be too wide. Need a very long, narrow blade, or to cut down a blade. It is an option. I did find a very narrow blade.

Going to try a sharpened cold chisel first I think, then go from there.

Diablo makes some smaller profile reciprocating blades.

Thanks. Those hvac ductwork profile blades may work…. Most if the real metal blades are too thick and would need a cut down like @Astro14 showed.

Fortunately an air hammer did it for me…

Back