re wiring an OBD connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Friend of mine got 00 accord V6 and he failed smog because OBD was not ready.
I tried connecting my bluetooth dongle and there was power but no data what so ever.

Upon removing the dash materials I noticed DISGUSTING amount of cutting all over the place. The alarm was removed by a moron and they really destroyed the wiring. Things were removed that was not needed....

So the question is can I disconnect the wires from ECU and rewiring them to the connector manualy? Is there anything between ECU and connector that would prevent me from doing this?

qx3wh1.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited:
Are you saying he purchased the car? in CA?
How was he able to complete the transaction without having smog before the sale?
Unless he's the moron to whom you are refering to.

Looks like it was done by just about any car alarm installer whos work I've been unlucky enough to come across except there's a distinct absence of scotchlok connectors.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
Are you saying he purchased the car? in CA?
How was he able to complete the transaction without having smog before the sale?
Unless he's the moron to whom you are refering to.

He got the car from his brother who drove the car in TX.
I never heard of getting smog before purchase...most ppl buy the car than go take it for smog.

I do agree that a used car should atlease be checked with OBD to make sure its okay.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Wow ... who did that hack job?

random car place near the border of Mexico in TX... tell me about it.

The car had external speaker which couldve just been cut.... and the external wire for the lights were also cut I dont understand what the [censored] happened before he realized that.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Nope, you just need a wiring diagram to make sure the proper wires are reconnected. Ford sells the OBD II pigtail even.

Do you know if pull up resistors are required?
I think 1k should do it. Its ussualy enough in my engineering classes to take care of current overshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back