Rare exotic engines may need 10w60 according to single youtube channel

Thought this was interesting, even though it's highly specific to the engine design.
TL;DW: Castrol or Nulon 10w60 has the best protection in RB engines.

Last edited:
Apparently generating discussion with clickbait titles isn't allowed. Just trying to have a little fun.
Whoever modified the title, it's now very inaccurate. "single youtube channel" doesn't take into account the massive amount of time and testing, and an RB is not a "rare" or "exotic" engine. At least just put "RB series engines may require 10w60" or something, sheesh.

I thought 10w60 was a BMW exclusive?
Or, they're the only ones mainly using it?
Ferrari recommends Shell 10w-60 on their hyper cars like the Enzo and LaFerrari. They have also spec'd it for their more recent V12s, like the F12, 812, etc. It is also recommended for Ferraris used at the track frequently. Most Ferraris its Shell or Pennzoil 5w-40.

So, you judge a person by what they’re currently driving?

How superficial.

Particularly since you haven’t shared what’s in your garage.
It’s not that serious, lol. He’s the one with the antagonistic yawn emoji. i’m just playing into it. I have three Nissan 240sx and two Infiniti G35s. I’m not a drag racer so most of my mods are suspension ones. Currently building a 2.2 liter sleeved SR20, but it’s turbo limited because I like responsive powerbands.

Back