Radiator Fan Motor - Any decent brands or OE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've had the TYC fan on for awhile now and here are my observations:

1) Packaging: As silly as this may sound, the box that it came in and the label on the box did not look cheap. It looked as if the quality of the product on the inside was superior.

2) Visual Inspection: The unit was chrome in the front and black on the back. From what I remember, this is how the OEM unit looked. The other unit (made in China) I had on it was all black. Also, in the same fashion as the box that it came in, the label on the fan motor did not look cheap. It gave the look of quality.

3) Initial performance: When the fan motor kicked on, the most overwhelming observation I made (or didn't make) was I couldn't tell that it was on. The fan kicks on and runs smoothly. The other unit I had on there would give vibration back through the steering wheel whenever it kicked on.

4) Cooling Capability: Well, the fan motor kicked on, it plain and simply did what it was designed to do.

Overall, I think I've found a brand to definitely consider in the future when looking for other cooling system parts. To everyone that posted and recommended TYC (Chris142 especially), thank you!

The extra $15 over the parts store units was well worth it.

Thanks again!

The fact that it's made in Taiwan would make me put a lot more faith in it than a Chinese no-name part sold at the parts store.

Looks like good initial impressions.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back