R.I.P. Police Officer Melvin Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see someone else on here has some actual real world experience. To live in a comfortable vacuum and say "those people" should live "like us". I have the feeling that most on here have not had the experience of actually living in the working class. One day of living in a urban center of major city and cold beer would put many members here asleep.

Also unfortunately I will not be surprised that the widow somehow disappears under suspicious circumstances. Outright hostility from what seems to be an entire community does not explode like a firebomb overnight. This distrust and animosity from both the law enforcement and the community has been festering for a very long time. It takes two to tangle. In this instance the "thug" was wrong. Deeper investigation will discover there has been many wrongs from both sides for long time.

Why bring up the red light cameras? Not my decision, not my choice either. That's the gov't. And yeah, most libertarians go by "pay my small tax, and the gov't stays out of my business." And militarizing police forces hasn't happened, it is just the APC's people see scare them. It is simply for officer safety. You would rather be protected in 5 tons of armor than 2 tons of sheet metal.

In this day and age if you report a cop for something serious the procecutors office gets involved and maybe the feds These days are not the same as 20 years ago today its not easy for them to push something under the rug like is was 20 years ago believe me. I have noticed the ones that hate cops the most are the first ones to call the police when there is a problem. I always said the best way to control crime is have a department in a bad area close for a week and when they open up half the garbage will be gone.
Come on people this Police officer that was killed is a kid that happened to be riding with someone that was not thinking.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
In this day and age if you report a cop for something serious the procecutors office gets involved and maybe the feds These days are not the same as 20 years ago today its not easy for them to push something under the rug like is was 20 years ago believe me. I have noticed the ones that hate cops the most are the first ones to call the police when there is a problem. I always said the best way to control crime is have a department in a bad area close for a week and when they open up half the garbage will be gone.
Come on people this Police officer that was killed is a kid that happened to be riding with someone that was not thinking.

How was the other officer not thinking? Neither officer did anything wrong. Everything went by protocol...

i may have spoken too soon, yesterday i heard from my buddy that is a captain from another department nearby that a superior was driving and they according to my friend strolled up to someone of interest after getting the job however i heard a totally different story today.

+ 2
This was so senseless im afraid there will be more copycat cop killings i hope im wrong, something else to worry about i have too many friends out there on the job i still have dear friends dying from cancer from 911 and i don't want to lose any more. And a few were there on their days off helping people in need. They said the air was safe that day and it was NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back