R.I.P. Hugh Hefner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Toy4x4

Don't you know it's one of the hypocritical traits of many of those who follow (Topic that shouldn't brought up in the first place!!!)?

So commentary on one side of an issue is OK, but the other side is off limits? 100% Hypocritical.

S/R/P? Nope.

I thought this post was about a man who died? A magazine? No one is posting articles and pictures. People are discussing the magazine and the man who started it. Its obvious you can't handle this type of post without being, YES, judgmental and expound your beliefs (because they are ONLY that, BELIEFS).

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Like him or not, the man was an innovator who changed the county.

I thought he changed more than one county, but that's just me.
wink.gif
One doesn't have to agree with what he did, but there's no denying he was influential. As for comparisons with Ron Jeremy, Hefner is an icon for the reasons I described. Hefner changed the world. Jeremy didn't.

And yes, Hef did have a creepy vibe, if you ask me.

Playboy was always an intriguing mix of interviews of and articles by some heavy hitters accompanied with pieces on cooking, wine, fashion and more. I recall learning how to tie a bow tie from an issue of Playboy.
Throwing in pictures of unattainable women in dishabille was also a welcome touch for any young man from early adolescence into early twenties.
Hef was also universally regarded as a gentleman by all of the sweet young things he surrounded himself with. I've never heard of a harassment or gross sexual imposition charge being leveled at him.
More than you can say about many still living public figures, including one who seems excessively fond of his Tweets.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver

Big middle finger to the "family values" christian conservative status quo at the time.
27.gif

I wonder how HH is feeling about that today? And from here on out...?

I don't think he's feeling a thing right now. I believe he's dead. From here on out, I think he's just busy decomposing.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Playboy was always an intriguing mix of interviews of and articles by some heavy hitters accompanied with pieces on cooking, wine, fashion and more. I recall learning how to tie a bow tie from an issue of Playboy.
Throwing in pictures of unattainable women in dishabille was also a welcome touch for any young man from early adolescence into early twenties.
Hef was also universally regarded as a gentleman by all of the sweet young things he surrounded himself with. I've never heard of a harassment or gross sexual imposition charge being leveled at him.
More than you can say about many still living public figures, including one who seems excessively fond of his Tweets.

Or his predecessor with the initials B C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back