Questionable Recipes and Concoctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife thinks I'm nuts for putting jam on breakfast sausage.

I still like 'swamp water' - Coke/Pepsi mixed with some form of juice. I know its a kids thing, but I still do it occassionally.

Originally Posted By: GT Mike
Originally Posted By: Julian
Originally Posted By: sprintman
What a typo!
90% of the people here just spent 5 minutes reading the ketchup label...
Yup...And I still don't get it.

That means you are one of the 90%, Mike.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy

I still like 'swamp water' - Coke/Pepsi mixed with some form of juice. I know its a kids thing, but I still do it occassionally.

OJ and coke, preferably low pulp OJ. I call it "coke-in-it juice".

Yeah, low-pulp juces are the best. A fizzy 'pulp layer' on the mix is not the best....I love your term for it!!!

LOL!

Raw cloves of garlic with Polish smoked sausage.

Orange juice with cheap Port wine (1:4).

Diet Seven-Up with light beer (1:3).

Tom NJ

Tom those last two just don't sound right at all...how did you ever get to diet 7-up and beer?? Was it that you had an ice cold can of diet 7-up and the beer was warm so you had to do it? I've never heard of it, but I guess you only live once so now I'll have to try it myself sometime. FYI- cheap port gets reduced in a sauce pan at my house...it makes an awesome glaze or desert topping!

Originally Posted By: pickled
...how did you ever get to diet 7-up and beer?? Was it that you had an ice cold can of diet 7-up and the beer was warm so you had to do it? I've never heard of it, but I guess you only live once so now I'll have to try it myself sometime.

Actually it's an Irish/English drink called a Shandy. The Irish make it with "red lemonade" which is a carbonated soda that tastes similar to 7-Up. I use diet 7-Up and light beer just to reduce the carbs. Try it - it's surprisingly good as a light summer drink.

My cellar has only Portuguese and Australian ports with vintages back to 1963, but my local watering hole only stocks cheap port. A splash of orange juice fixes it right up, but I would never ruin a real port.

Tom NJ

For french fries or "chips" to our euro friends I like to mix honey and ketchup. . .

I get a lot of weird looks, but it's gooood.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
For french fries or "chips" to our euro friends.

I suppose you mean "... chips to most of the rest of the English speaking world."
wink.gif

The suggestion of mixing ketchup and honey makes me nauseous. I'd rather dip my fries in mayo.
grin2.gif

Last year I was at a fast food joint in Montana and saw two dispensers, one "ketchup" and one "frysauce". I remember thinking, isn't ketchup fry sauce?
54.gif

The things you learn in foreign countries...

In the US, fry sauce refers to a mix of ketchup and mayo.

If I translate "fry sauce" literally into German (Bratensoße), it means a sauce made from fond.

Yeah, I saw other patrons with little cups of mysterious pale orange goop and figured that's what it was. Tried some myself, wasn't bad. When in Rome...

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I put horseradish into mashed potatoes. Kills bubonic plague, I reckon.

I like them that way.

Most any hot sauce works good too.

I just tried a KFC grilled chicken meal. Not bad for fast food. I had them hold the gravy on the mashed potatoes and I used their hot sauce instead. Much better than the runny brown library paste KFC calls gravy.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ

Orange juice with cheap Port wine (1:4).

Tom NJ

Champagne and Port wine. 1:3. Makes a good summer drink

Originally Posted By: moribundman
In the US, fry sauce refers to a mix of ketchup and mayo.

If I translate "fry sauce" literally into German (Bratensoße), it means a sauce made from fond.

Interesting... I never liked that combo personally, but when I go to Arby's, I do mix the "horsey" sauce (horseradish mayo) with the "Arby's" sauce (barbecue sauce), to get my own delicious "frysauce".

Since living in Germany years ago, I've taken to the mix of ketchup and mayo on my fries.

I try not to have fries too often, but when I do, I make them as unhealthy as possible :)

I also acquired a taste for Spezi

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Since living in Germany years ago, I've taken to the mix of ketchup and mayo on my fries.

I try not to have fries too often, but when I do, I make them as unhealthy as possible :)

I also acquired a taste for Spezi

You aren't supposed to mix the ketchup with the mayo. You should alternate between the two.

Spezi? Do adults drink that now?
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back