Question for the M/C riders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Loose the full face helmet first. Go open face and sun glasses (or regular glasses if prescription). You can add a snap on visor if need be...

Helmets make a difference in breathing. Full face often feel claustrophobic and make me change breathing patters, not to your extent, but ...

Hummm... not sure I agree w/ this but to each there own. Riding at highway speed I have had unknown fod peen my face shield so hard felt like a bb gun hit, they struck the plexi so hard. Easily would've shattered sunglasses lens or heaven forbid, taken out an unprotected eyeball (and possible loss of ctrl).

Full face modular baby, best of all worlds. Except the shells are usually bigger than non-modualrs. Oh, and wind noise. Modulars are always more wind noise than full face non-modular.

To the OP, whatever you do just wear something DOT appv'd. I went down hard, at speed, in 2017 wearing a perfect fitting DOT modular (Nolan N104) and still got concussion and TSAH brain bleed. Wouldn't be alive today had I been riding with no helmet woulda shattered my skull... so yes, I'm a big promoter of always wear a helmet all day every day.

Only hard to breath at 200 MPH.
grin2.gif

After wearing everything from no helmet at all, to skull cap helmets, to full face to 3/4 helmets with visors and shields I have never experienced this anomaly.

Last edited:
over here we have serious problems with diesel pollution and seasonal high level of pollun.

Combining the two together can create alergic conditions and breathing issues.

I don't know if these two factors exist where you live but certainly even breathing in the road dust can cause a reaction. As a minimum, I would wear a neckband over the nose/ mouth area to al least filter some out. The nose off course does some filtering.

The only change in breathing for me is when I hold my breath if the visor is steaming or there is a lot of dust around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back