Question for Copart experts

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Is there a way to find out what vehicles have sold for at Copart in auctions that have already ended? I have a 2022 Transit Connect with a blown engine I am trying to get rid of (company vehicle). It's a FWD cargo with 88k on it.

I’m pretty sure you can see all of that if you are a member. I used to be able to pull that up years ago, I only imagine it’s gotten better.

Is there a way to find out what vehicles have sold for at Copart in auctions that have already ended? I have a 2022 Transit Connect with a blown engine I am trying to get rid of (company vehicle). It's a FWD cargo with 88k on it.
The answer is no, unless you were the Seller or the Buyer. There was a third party capturing the auction data live, not sure if they still are. This is a link to the third party:

Of course the third party only have access to the closed auction price, not if the price met the reserve, not if the Seller and the Buyer negotiated a price and what that price was if reserve not met, and not all the fees.

The only exception is IAAI. Below is an example of an auction I participated in as a pre-bidder last week. If you were a pre-bidder, and lost the auction, and the reserve was met, IAAI will let you see what you lost the auction buy.

2022 STEALTH COBRA ALL ALUMINUM

• Stock#: 37001467
  • VIN: 52LBE1629NE091217
  • Des Moines
  • Mar 12, 2024
  • Lost By: $2,625.00
  • Current Bid: $4,950.00
  • Max Bid: $4,950.00
  • Winning Bid: $7,575.00
resizer (3).jpg

Last edited:
Some times you can just Google the VIN and find it. There are a bunch of weird third party websites that retain that info for certain vehicles.

Some times you can just Google the VIN and find it. There are a bunch of weird third party websites that retain that info for certain vehicles.

I'm trying to figure out what the salvage value of a similar vehicle is. Fleet company has a buying service that offered $2,200 and I know it's worth way more than that.

That should bring $12-15K easy with a blown engine. Junkyard motors for that are $1000. Might be worth replacing and get a lot more for it.

That's what I was thinking, I was hoping to see a couple completed auctions to support my case.

As one member said, you may get lucky in a week or 2 and be able to find the sale price online by the VIN#. Or if you are a member and the first to see it listed for auction and first to bid $25.00 minimum you will get an email notifying you did not win the auction, and the final auction price.

As one member said, you may get lucky in a week or 2 and be able to find the sale price online by the VIN#. Or if you are a member and the first to see it listed for auction and first to bid $25.00 minimum you will get an email notifying you did not win the auction, and the final auction price.

I was just hoping to see what similar vehicles had sold for to get an idea of value.

I was just hoping to see what similar vehicles had sold for to get an idea of value.
Sorry, but your not going to get that opportunity. But I have found prior auction list sale prices on vehicles that I have done a google search on before, so you may get lucky so day.

And Phoenix is a tough market, I used to drive there from O.C. when I owned a bodyshop.

I worked for an insurance company so we had a seller account and could get a Proquote using the VIN or searching year/make/model and that would give us an average as well as show a ton of individual sales with photos so you could compare the damage.

Find someone with a seller account to look it up for you. I would have thought a buyer account would show the same data but I guess not.

Back