QuantamBlue 3614 Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

I did pay for it and I would hope to see some appreciation for the education instead of snide remarks and selfish attitudes. I mean seriously people. Not one "Thank You" yet!

I suppose.

"thank you" simply didn't come in to my mind....
I read the first post and immediately felt sorry for you that you spent $14 on a wix.

Just my humble opinion.
49.gif

That is part of doing business. If you don't buy things and test them how can you come to any conclusion about them? I buy $1500 guns to see what they are about and often they aren't about much. Sometimes you find a good one you can offer custom parts for and that hopefully brings you back to being profitable. I had these filters for over a year. I just put another Ultra on instead of this because in my mind for my cars you can't beat them...

Cheapness seems to rule the day here.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Definitely looks WIX made. Price too high to compete with others on the market, even if the efficiency is stellar.

If a filter offered a proven 2% advantage over an Ultra I know people that would spend $50 for one.
The whole world does not live for the bargain. What is $50 to some of the heavy hitters here that have expensive rides??? I personally wouldn't go there as I have my favorite but if it's great, some people will pay for it.

So the spelling of the product just screams out at you "QuantumBlue" and you still type "QuantamBlue"
happy2.gif
lol.gif

That is part of doing business. If you don't buy things and test them how can you come to any conclusion about them? I buy $1500 guns to see what they are about and often they aren't about much. Sometimes you find a good one you can offer custom parts for and that hopefully brings you back to being profitable. I had these filters for over a year. I just put another Ultra on instead of this because in my mind for my cars you can't beat them...

Cheapness seems to rule the day here.

No, data (should) rule the day here. How can you "test" an oil filter? Sure people cut and post all the time, and those posts are good only to show gross filter defects and perhaps negligence in design or construction. But assuming none of that, without ISO filtration data how is it possible to draw a conclusion about quality or whether it is worth the extra money?

You can accuse me of snarkiness or whatever, but there's nothing on that website nor anywhere I saw that indicates how that filter performs. Same for their oil BTW.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
So the spelling of the product just screams out at you "QuantumBlue" and you still type "QuantamBlue"
happy2.gif
lol.gif

Somebody has to appease the grammar police.

Definitely looks WIX made. Price too high to compete with others on the market, even if the efficiency is stellar.

If a filter offered a proven 2% advantage over an Ultra I know people that would spend $50 for one.

I imagine a filter with 101+% efficiency would be a hot seller ...
grin.gif

While I have no affiliation with QB that information was sent with my order and a follow up email was also sent to me even though I did not request it. Later I was contacted about other products I purchased and I gave my honest feedback and have not had any further contact.

grin.gif

Where did I say efficiency???

grin.gif

Where did I say efficiency???

So 2% better over the Ultra in what?

While I have no affiliation with QB that information was sent with my order and a follow up email was also sent to me even though I did not request it. Later I was contacted about other products I purchased and I gave my honest feedback and have not had any further contact.

What information? The 2% better figure?

Originally Posted By: kschachn

ISO 4548-12

Originally Posted By: kschachn

ISO 4548-12

What part ... ?

The XG7317 application version from them was very shocking inside.
No Wix there.
I'm not posting Model #'s because they have none. Just incase you were going to ask.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
$14 US Dollars !!
shocked2.gif

Not really.... remember this ain't Amazon- figure in the shipping
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back