Purolator PureOne PL12222 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2013 silverado 1500 5.3L (friend’s truck)
6200 miles in service (15% life remaining on monitor)

out/off: 6 quarts Valvoline Advance 5w-30 with Purolator PureOne PL12222

in/on: 6 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with carquest premium 84502 (PG with silicone gasket.)

filter looks good.

IMG_5942.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

IMG_5943.jpeg

IMG_5944.jpeg

IMG_5945.jpeg

IMG_5946.jpeg

IMG_5947.jpeg

IMG_5948.jpeg

IMG_5950.jpeg

There it is, M&H-Purolator using Fram/Champ style separate bypass and stamped compression spring in one. Guess that's current/future, at least on some applications. Pleat spacing uniformity in the one area could be better, but as long as no tears noted, didn't hurt function. Adbv looks good. I'd say it got the job done at 6200 miles.

I say at least some applications for new bypass, because got a couple L14610 recently, made 2023, still using integral endcap flat spring type.

Thanks for c&p.

That bypass valve looks like the same design that Fram uses. Not saying it's Fram built, but Fram must not have a patent on that design (?). From what I can see, the louvers look real good on this filter.

While this is first M&H Puro labeled filter with the 2in1 bypass piece I can recall seeing this board, not the first time seeing one. At least the third time seen, previously on you tube WCW dissections. And it had a Purolator date code format starting with F. I'm doubtful any trademark to the design. Before Fram and Champ were under one company, both used the separate 2 in1 bypass piece. Based the WCW L10241 seen on yt with Puro date, confident topic the same origin.

one thing i will say is the PTFE coated gasket makes a difference coming off. my hand is pretty well calibrated at installing oil filters and this one came right off no fuss.

2013 silverado 1500 5.3L (friend’s truck)
6200 miles in service (15% life remaining on monitor)

out/off: 6 quarts Valvoline Advance 5w-30 with Purolator PureOne PL12222

in/on: 6 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with carquest premium 84502 (PG with silicone gasket.)

filter looks good.

View attachment 206487

View attachment 206488

View attachment 206489

View attachment 206490

View attachment 206491

View attachment 206492

View attachment 206493

View attachment 206494

View attachment 206495

I’m officially de-throned. You do awesome work and take better photos. When my ADHD stops I’m getting bigger iPhone and continuing to do my best. Nice work sir; I appreciate all of your efforts and others. I’ve had some health issues so I’ll pass the torch. Carry on

Looks good! I wish the ones off my Express' 6.0 LS looked that clean! I need to spring for some HPL EC for it...
before running EC i would run BG EPR for 20 minutes at 2000 rpm. i’m a firm believer in both products but EPR will get most of the big stuff off before letting rhe EC ATTACK the small stuff/rings

Slightly mis aligned pleat spacing but nothing real bad. Good to still see metal caps Silicon ADBV & Oring base gasket.

The PureOne is the only Purolator I’d be inclined to use. Does it have holes or louvers?
Every new Purolator (and Purolator built, like Motorcraft filters) I've looked at in the stores all have louvers. And some not very well formed IMO. Varies between them, no consistency. Inspect well before buying.

I’m officially de-throned. You do awesome work and take better photos. When my ADHD stops I’m getting bigger iPhone and continuing to do my best. Nice work sir; I appreciate all of your efforts and others. I’ve had some health issues so I’ll pass the torch. Carry on

You are still the man 53…

Brendan is really doing a great job like you said.

But you are still the king of filter cutting and posting on here in my strong opinion.

Every new Purolator (and Purolator built, like Motorcraft filters) I've looked at in the stores all have louvers. And some not very well formed IMO. Varies between them, no consistency. Inspect well before buying.

My $2.45 Purolator Tech TL20195s have nice big open holes in them. I have not checked the manufacture date on them yet, however.

My $2.45 Purolator Tech TL20195s have nice big open holes in them. I have not checked the manufacture date on them yet, however.

Bet ya $1 bill it’s China. See thousands at my work. I have some older WIX 51516 made in use if you want them. Free, and I’ll eat shipping. I’m serious. Send me a PM.

Bet ya $1 bill it’s China. See thousands at my work. I have some older WIX 51516 made in use if you want them. Free, and I’ll eat shipping. I’m serious. Send me a PM.

Well now I had to go out to the shed to check. "Made in China" right on the label.

The code on all of them is 030822GG7.

Back